Paying for food/drinks on Harvest Cay

Cybercsp

Most of the vendors I interacted with at Harvest Caye last week said they were set up to take room key cards, cash or credit cards. They preferred cash because they said it took a long time for the cruise line to pay them. We also had issues the entire day with the systems going down to where the credit cards wouldn't work nor would the key cards. They said it has something to do with their cellular service.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thank you all! Plan on drinking and eating so all good either way.

Will be in a cabana next month and really looking forward to it!

A Christmas gift to my mom from my family but I guess also for me LOL

Happy planning!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Since concessions on Harvest Caye can be charged to the on-board account, does anyone know if OBC can be used to cover the purchases?

As of June, all Food & Drink on HC requires cash or credit card - no stateroom charging.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Any updates to this after June? Is it still cash/credit card?

Bumping this to see if we can use credit cards on Harvest Caye, both at the restaurants and at the little food places on the beach? Trying to figure out how much cash to bring.

Bumping this to see if we can use credit cards on Harvest Caye, both at the restaurants and at the little food places on the beach? Trying to figure out how much cash to bring.

Cash and credit card is correct. But I also wanted to add I was unable to use my American Express and had to go back to the beach and get my husbands visa. Not 100% this is with all the vendors there.

Cash and credit card is correct. But I also wanted to add I was unable to use my American Express and had to go back to the beach and get my husbands visa. Not 100% this is with all the vendors there.

It has been my experience that Amex is trickier to use than MC or Visa. Now I guess the next question is, do we have to worry about using the right credit card to avoid foreign transaction fees when in foreign countries?

I just read from someone just back from Harvest Caye, that CAS can't comp those dollars, and OBC can't be applied to those charges.

I am now curious too! As we had to use our own credit card last year while in the Beach Cabana and now am left wondering if you can charge to your onboard account and if so - can CAS comp these dollars? As we are FOREVER leaving $ on the table in not being able to use up all of our onboard credit!

I tried to search for this answer, but had no luck...sorry if it has been covered. Will our cruise cards be accepted on Harvest Cay or is everything on a cash basis? Thanks.

When in doubt, and there seems to be quite a bit of it on this subject, just have cash, it's never a problem.

How much would you be likely to spend for drinks, probably beer and soda and a light lunch? Prefer not to carry more cash than necessary.

Totally agree. We usually travel with those little hard plastic pouches you wear around your neck so we can take them into the water if we go for a dunk. The credit cards don't seem to be a problem, but cash gets wet!!

I am now curious too! As we had to use our own credit card last year while in the Beach Cabana and now am left wondering if you can charge to your onboard account and if so - can CAS comp these dollars? As we are FOREVER leaving $ on the table in not being able to use up all of our onboard credit!

We charged to our on-board account, but CAS was unable to comp anything from HC. This was about a year ago. (They did take care of EVERYTHING else :cool:)