Marriott in Miami

Hurricane Girl

The four Marriott hotels near the port are all close by, and the distance to the port is negligible, so don't worry about the distance.

The Marriot Marquis and Marriort Biscayne Bay would have the best views IMO. But that always depends on what room you get. The JW in Brickell will also be nice and have food views in some rooms, just none of the port. Obviously the courtyard is the cheapest option, with no water views, but it is a great location.

Location wise, the Biscayne Bay Marriort is probably the worst location of the four, but the closet to the port, but that's not important, all four are 5-8 mins from the port. The other three are great locations close to lots of options to walk to.

The upper floors of the Marriott Courtyard on the bay side of the building have a view toward the ships. However, it is nothing spectacular worth paying extra for though, as there are some buildings that block the view a little bit.

I have attached a couple of pictures from 2005 showing this.

Note, per looking at Google maps, there is now another building built or under construction between the grey building on the right side of the photos, and the Courtyard. This new building would block the views from the Courtyard even more than what you see in the photos.

1175100707_KODAKCX7530ZOOMDIGITALCAMERA2509.jpg.ccc45bdc36b34cbac0047392f7d788e2.jpg

1046403898_KODAKCX7530ZOOMDIGITALCAMERA2511.jpg.46d925c04ab9946b0a9b2717a33d1cc0.jpg

Edited by loanshark

The upper floors of the Marriott Courtyard on the bay side of the building have a view toward the ships. However, it is nothing spectacular worth paying extra for though, as there are some buildings that block the view a little bit.

I have attached a couple of pictures from 2005 showing this.

Note, per looking at Google maps, there is now another building built or under construction between the grey building on the right side of the photos, and the Courtyard. This new building would block the views from the Courtyard even more than what you see in the photos.

Right, there is a new apartment building right in front of the Courtyard now. There are new buildings everywhere.

The four Marriott hotels near the port are all close by, and the distance to the port is negligible, so don't worry about the distance.

The Marriot Marquis and Marriort Biscayne Bay would have the best views IMO. But that always depends on what room you get. The JW in Brickell will also be nice and have food views in some rooms, just none of the port. Obviously the courtyard is the cheapest option, with no water views, but it is a great location.

Location wise, the Biscayne Bay Marriort is probably the worst location of the four, but the closet to the port, but that's not important, all four are 5-8 mins from the port. The other three are great locations close to lots of options to walk to.

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you guys for helping me out with info.

So...I remember a Marriott near the port that I saw when coming back in. Is that the Biscayne Bay one? Is it between Bayside and the port? What's that one near?

Again, thank you for the info.

I would like to find something reasonably priced with a half way descent view of the Bay.

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you guys for helping me out with info.

So...I remember a Marriott near the port that I saw when coming back in. Is that the Biscayne Bay one? Is it between Bayside and the port? What's that one near?

Again, thank you for the info.

I would like to find something reasonably priced with a half way descent view of the Bay.

If you saw it on the ship that is the Biscayne Bay one, it is just north of the port and also north of Bayside. There are no hotels between the port and bayside as that is a really small area. That one of course is near the port, as you can see it from ships and you can see the port from it. It's a little north of the more dense walking area of downtown. But it's close to museum park, has a small shopping/restaruant area, and is close to a metromover stop that will take you anywhere else you want to go in downtown/Brickell area.

Most hotels on the bay won't be cheap, and to garuantee a good view you typically need to pay a premium.