L308 Princess Ruby Pics

Alaskan Joe

• 2 months later...

We just booked this room for an Alaskan cruise (thinking pool should not be to busy and ease for us to go from room to either side of deck (glacier viewing etc) so my question is ....is the room quiet? Do you hear the elevators or anything? Any scoop would be appreciated! My daughter and her husband got the room right next to us! But I haven't made final payment so I could switch rooms if you had complaints!! Thank you!!

We just booked this room for an Alaskan cruise (thinking pool should not be to busy and ease for us to go from room to either side of deck (glacier viewing etc) so my question is ....is the room quiet? Do you hear the elevators or anything? Any scoop would be appreciated! My daughter and her husband got the room right next to us! But I haven't made final payment so I could switch rooms if you had complaints!! Thank you!!

Partly under the wedding chapel and a bit under the Sun deck where there is a wheelchair lift and some stairs. I wouldn't hesitate to book there as I don't think it will be a noisy location and it will be convenient to the pools, bars, ice cream, pizza, grill, and buffet. Many don't want to book forward or that high up but we have deliberately chosen Lido balconies for our next two cruises as we have always thought we might well enjoy the location.

In Glacier Bay the ship turns so that both sides view the glaciers but we feel the best glacier viewing is up on deck where you can see all around.

Couldn't agree more on viewing the glaciers up on deck "my husband was always out on the decks on our last Alaskan cruise and well that's partly why I wanted this deck so we wouldn't be walking through a "labrynthe" every time we wanted to get out and have that awesome view! I was just really worried about noise at night!! Yayyyy thanks so much!!!!!! Happy Cruising!