New to RCI, give me the run down

SFplusP

Hi all,

We leave Monday on our first cruise on Royal. We will be on Majesty of the Seas. Give me a run down!

Specifically we would like to know:

What drinks are included, and are they actually readily available? Trying to decide if we want to bother with a drink package- we don't drink but would use the everything but alcohol one.

Are there ice cream machines or something similar around? My kids want all the treats lol

If anyone could point me toward the right direction to see menus I would appreciate it.

I also assume it is like other lines, where you can order multiple of foods (apps, mains and desserts) if you want to, correct?

Hmm, seems most of what I'm interested in is food lol. I've been reading up on the ship, so I have a pretty good feel for the rest I guess.

Oh, one non food thing. Are there movies played on the tvs in the rooms? We end up stuck in the room because we travel with our kids, so we catch a movie here and there :)

Thanks all!

Drinks included with your basic cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

Soft serve frozen stuff (don't know if it's yogurt or some other substance) is available for limited time (maybe 11am to 6pm) in Sorrento's.

Edited by clarea

Only drinks include are:

• Milk (chocolate goes fast)
  • Hot Tea
  • Iced Tea
  • Coffee ( Specialty coffees for a fee)
  • Lemonade
  • Hot Chocolate ( Packets of Nestle instant)
  • Tap water
  • Orange juice from concentrate at breakfast only ( Fresh OJ for a fee)
  • Apple Juice from concentrate at breakfast only
  • If there's a Captain's cocktail party on the formal night a tray is generally circulated with free champagne and non alcoholic punch.

Hi all,

We leave Monday on our first cruise on Royal. We will be on Majesty of the Seas. Give me a run down!

Specifically we would like to know:

What drinks are included, and are they actually readily available? Trying to decide if we want to bother with a drink package- we don't drink but would use the everything but alcohol one.

Are there ice cream machines or something similar around? My kids want all the treats lol

If anyone could point me toward the right direction to see menus I would appreciate it.

I also assume it is like other lines, where you can order multiple of foods (apps, mains and desserts) if you want to, correct?

Hmm, seems most of what I'm interested in is food lol. I've been reading up on the ship, so I have a pretty good feel for the rest I guess.

Oh, one non food thing. Are there movies played on the tvs in the rooms? We end up stuck in the room because we travel with our kids, so we catch a movie here and there :)

Thanks all!

Movies:

There will be some movies. Nothing "new" on the TV. Poolside screen will have newish movies.

Stateroom TV gets TCM so you can catch some great old movies.

One channel plays Dreamworks movies. (Think: Shrek, Kung Fu Panda)

TV show re-runs.....the same episodes again and again. And again. ;)

ESPN

CNN

Thank you! I'm trying to talk myself into booking the non alcoholic drink package, but we're only on a 4 day, and I really don't know that I'll use it enough to bother. Guess we could just do one by one this time around.

Thank you! I'm trying to talk myself into booking the non alcoholic drink package, but we're only on a 4 day, and I really don't know that I'll use it enough to bother. Guess we could just do one by one this time around.

Wait until you board and take a look at it and then decide. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The refreshment package is offered at 26/day + tips. comes out to $30.68. I think the average cappuccino coffee drink is like 5 or 6 bucks per with tips, so you would have to drink like 5 or 6 a day to break even. I like my coffee, but that's a bit much even for me.

Not sure how much the alcohol package cost because they tend to offer sales. My future grandeur cruises are 44 and 46/day with the same "30% off" sale for February and July cruises.

Oh, didn't realize it was only a 4-day. The free on board Meet & Mingles are only for 7-nights or more.:( However, you can still join your informal roll call and chat with some of your fellow cruisers! Maybe they are gathering somewhere on board for a sail-away party!;) Probably a good idea to wait until you board to decide about drinks packages; I've heard some ships are offering drink cards, such as 10 drinks for $$, which can also be shared!:cool: In any event, whatever you choose to do or not do, have a wonderful cruise!!

I've found we get the most money out of a drink package when we have days at sea, or when we are at their private island (you can use the package on the private island). On excursion days, we ALWAYS take bottled water from the package off the ship, so that saves us some money too. We also enjoy having a few extra bottled waters in our room, so often before heading back to our room, we grab a couple from the bar. I feel like we get our money's worth overall :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My boys (under 21 ) got that package on a 4 day. It was a waste for them. They drink soda and 1 drinks specialty coffees and teas so that was ok, but not worth it for a 4 day. My dh has it for our upcoming cruise as he loves specialty coffees and will definitely use the bottled waters. My ds (18) has the soda package. He thought that work woke fine for him. We have 3 sea days and labadee so worth the cost. Im OK with iced tea and the water offered so not worth it for me. I will take Starbucks over RCL speciality coffees so will buy as I go..

Have fun!

Edited by imlulu