Which car rental company is closest/ has easiest RETURN @ port Canaveral?

LeCricket

Have a late arrival into MCO the night before our cruise. Plan is to stay at the airport, rent a car, and drive to the port the next morning. My husband will drop the kids and I off at the terminal then return the car and either walk, shuttle, or cab back to the terminal. What will be easiest on him? He won't have patience to mess with a long wait for a shuttle, just wants easy and quick. Which company do you recommend?

Thanks!

Have a late arrival into MCO the night before our cruise. Plan is to stay at the airport, rent a car, and drive to the port the next morning. My husband will drop the kids and I off at the terminal then return the car and either walk, shuttle, or cab back to the terminal. What will be easiest on him? He won't have patience to mess with a long wait for a shuttle, just wants easy and quick. Which company do you recommend?

Thanks!

While it's been several years, when we last cruised out of PC we rented from Hertz at the Orlando airport, drove to Port C, used the car during the evening before the cruise, and had reserved a room in one of the hotels there which was right next to the PC Hertz office. Our hotel was the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral, but there are several other hotels nearby.

We dropped off the car in the morning, then went back to the hotel and rode their port shuttle bus to the pier for a nominal fee.

But if you are arriving late at Orlando, are staying at the airport, and only need the car to get to the port, it would seem more logical to arrange either a shuttle van or car service...then you don't have the hassle of picking up the car and dropping it off. I suspect it might be cheaper, too.

There is an enterprise right in the port. We always rent cars and return them there before we get on the ship. It's the one on mullet rd. They also have a free shuttle to the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I see a Enterprise Branch in N. Atlantic Ave in Cocoa Beach just south of Port Canaveral. Maybe you can do a one way to that Branch from MCO and get the branch to drive you to the terminal. The branches pick you up and drop off.

Rob G.

None of the car rental locations are far and all run regular shuttles. We have had good service from Avis, but suspect the process for gassing up, driving to the location, turning the car in, and catching the shuttle back to the port will take about 30 min no matter who you choose.

I see a Enterprise Branch in N. Atlantic Ave in Cocoa Beach just south of Port Canaveral

This office is technically still open with limited hours - used mostly for overflow car parking now.

The office moved to Mullet Rd in the port a while back ... and the office is joint Enterprise/National/Alamo with one set of shuttles serving all 3 (as it was b4)

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

We just used Budget, it was a great experience. Do not pre-pay your gas, there are many convenient gas stations within quarter mile of drop off yards. Shuttle to pier. You might want to contact Contrans for a direct shuttle to the pier from MCO.

May I jump in with a question? I also need a rental car from the port Canaveral (terminal 1). I am considering Payless on King George St only because it appears to be walkable..And I'll be returning late (8:30 pm ish). I'd rather take a shuttle. Does anyone know if any shuttles run late?

We are using Budget. Have used them in the pat with no problem . They had the best one way rental price and a free shuttle to the pier.

I saw an Enterprise Shuttle at terminal 10 when the Epic arrived on the 28th. They are about the third car rental away from Port but they pick you up and drive you back.

Rob G.

May I jump in with a question? I also need a rental car from the port Canaveral (terminal 1). I am considering Payless on King George St only because it appears to be walkable..And I'll be returning late (8:30 pm ish). I'd rather take a shuttle. Does anyone know if any shuttles run late?

In general the shuttles only run during normal office hours. BUT I have heard of PAYLESS making exceptions. (when they were new to the location they were VERY accommodating) Best bet is to give the office a call directly.

ALTHO arranging a taxi is not difficult ....

and frankly IMO, ALAMO/NATIONAL/ENTERPRISE office is more walkable to T-1 now that they've moved. To walk from PAYLESS you'd cross industrial area mostly .... From the new A/N/E office I'd walk to the Tower, then thru the Cove .... both tourist / entertainment areas. Guess which will have more folks around at 8pm .... about 0.6 miles either way ....

Edited by Capt_BJ