No excursions boring

maddhatta36

Thank you, n Nic, for getting it.. In Mom's eagerness to scold m e once again. :) She missed the point I was making and chose to make it about a single post and poster. My point is, , I have noticed something of a pattern of providing too little information when asking a question. This applies not only to questions on a cruise forum but life in general. In effort to maintain a little privacy,, it seems some people , not only regarding cruising, ask questions that are hard to answer with any meaningfulresponse because of lack of information. Mom, ....... chose to criticize without actually getting the point..

Sorry, but I don't buy your explanation. Count me as one who agrees with MOM SAYS. When using phrases like "they won't give enough information", as if the poster is deliberately hiding information, and "it becomes ridiculous to try and answer", and then closing out your message with a ":rolleyes:" sarcastic emoji, you aren't making a general observation about society in general, but are directly criticizing the poster's question format. How would you feel if it was you who posted a first question and someone used it as an excuse to rail against the deterioration of society?

I don't blame the OP for staying away from his own thread for fear of again being used to set an example of how poorly you think people communicate these days. :(

Edited by PTMary

Okay, PTMary, fine. We can agree to disagree.

I am curious when 'they' became automatically singnular. I offen rhink of fhey as plural.

You might want to brush up on your 21st century English grammar. Specifically, gender neutral pronouns. Here's a brief explanation, in case you are unaware (from Wiki):

A third-person pronoun is a pronoun that refers to an entity other than the speaker or listener. The English pronouns he and she are gender-specific third-person personal pronouns. The English pronoun they is a gender-neutral third-person pronoun that can refer to plural antecedents of any gender and, under certain circumstances, to a singular antecedent that refers to a male or female (but not inanimate) entity

You failed to note we were discussing several psters who have contribvuted to a to a trend of giving too little information when askng their broad quesitons. T.he start of this conversation was about plural posts and posters. You made it about a single poster Thus, your grammer lesson fails. It also fails CC as it violates rules here.

Edited by sail7seas

You failed to note we were discussing several psters who have contribvuted to a to a trend of giving too little information when askng their broad quesitons. T.he start of this conversation was about plural posts and posters. You made it about a single poster Thus, your grammer lesson fails. It also fails CC as it violates rules here.

You still beating that horse? Isn't it dead by now? :D

I'll agree that we could use a little more info so we could offer more and better information, but I can assure you that there is plenty to do both onboard and in the general port area to keep you entertained.

We haven't been to many ports more than once yet, (Nassau and Cozumel being the exceptions) and most times we have either just shopped in the port area or nearby city area. In the instances where we did go on an excursion we generally we either saw one offered by the ship that really appealed to us or we arranged it at the port.

Many ports have lots to see within walking distance and these are our favorites as you can see a lot while walking and you can also stop and spend time where and when you want to. Make it an adventure and have a great time!