Breakaway- Haven 2 bedroom Family Suite

luvtoride

Hi, we are thinking about booking this ship for next year and taking our family with us. We are considering the 2 bedroom family suites in the Haven. It seems perfect for our daughter and son-in-law and their 2 kids ages 6 and 4. My question is regarding the 2nd bedroom. What is the sleeping arrangement and is it adequate for my other married daughter and her husband (no kids) if they share another 2 bedroom with my wife and I? From the floor plan I can't tell what type of bed(s) are in that bedroom. I know that the sofa in the living area opens up to a bed. Is this comfortable in case the 2nd bedroom isn't adequate for them to sleep?

Also, what do you think of the Haven on this ship overall? We've never sailed in the Haven but our friends swear by it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian

The second bedroom has a full-size sofabed and an upper bunk bed that folds down from the wall. The sofabed is intended to sleep 2. The living room sofabed is a fold-out twin bed for 1. I have seen people request a rollaway bed there (next to the sofabed) so that 2 could sleep in the living room. It looks tight but doable, especially if it was for your two young children. Haven amenities are definitely worth the high price. The butler and concierge service, private pool area, and private restaurant make for quite the indulgent experience.

Oops, I just reread this and realized that you are talking about getting two suites. So yes, the second bedroom would work for your other daughter and husband if they share one with you. And of course all four of the others would fit in the other suite. That would be a fabulous family vacation!

I've stayed in the two bedroom suite on the Getaway, pretty sure it's the same as on the Breakaway. The second bedroom has the couch bed which I believe opens up. My sister slept in that room alone but never pulled the bed out. Not much waking room if you do that. The second bed pulls down from the ceiling. The couch in the living room does not open up. It's like sleeping on a twin size bed...meant for one person only. We referred to the smaller bedroom as the broom closet lol. It's OK for two adults, but it definitely can feel cramped. My daughter and I stayed in the smaller bedroom on the Epic.

Overall, we love the Haven. Having the restaurant and bar there is super convenient. The lounge stays pretty quiet as does the courtyard, at least during the times I've sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, Chesneygirl and all, Thanks for your quick and informative responses. In the video, it doesn't look like the lower bed is fully opened in the "broom closet" bedroom. Does it open to a full size bed per Rocklin mom's comments?

The Haven looks awesome and worth the splurge for a great family vacation!

Any other tips or pictures about the Haven or the Breakaway are appreciated. I will be reading reviews and other board posts here as well!

Thanks again all!

Brian

Hi again, I am perplexed by the actual size of the sofabed in the second bedroom of the H4 suite. I just looked over NCL's website (which says that it sleeps "5-6" people, which would suggest that the sofabed sleeps 2) and some YouTube videos and I can't find one that confirms its size when folded out. The video posted here (thanks Chesneygirl!) makes it look like it only sleeps one person...unless it was only half folded out? If it were to be folded farther out to hold two people it would be wall to wall bed. Sorry I can't confirm this for you, you might need to talk to an NCL rep for specifics on that sofabed since you would need it for two adults. Obviously two young children would be fine in that bedroom with the bunk bed.

I did find a wonderful thread by bear3412 (sorry I don't know how to post links to threads on here) that has a spreadsheet with pictures of the H4 suite. It does say that the second bedroom sofabed folds out into a "double" bed for 2 people. It also says that doing so will partially block their bathroom door, since it would be wall to wall bed, but that shouldn't be a big issue. He also shows an outer picture of the balconies that shows them as staggered, meaning that if you book two H4 suites and want your balconies to be next to each other (so that you can talk to each other on the balconies or even have the divider opened if possible), you have only a few pairs to choose from that offer this. (some of the suites are built bathroom-to-bathroom instead of balcony-to-balcony) For example, suite numbers 16712 and 16714 would put your balconies side by side. Hope this helps!

We have sailed in 2 bedroom haven suite twice. My daughter and her husband had the smaller bedroom and slept comfortably together on the bottom bed. Also have the upper bunk if needed. Suite was perfect for the 4 of us and one cruise we had a 5 th person stay on pullout couch in living room. You will love the whole Haven experience!

My dh and I slept in the second bedroom on the Breakaway twice in the H4. My dh is a big pooh-sized guy and Im 5' 6" and 118 lbs and we actually slept comfortably on the bed. We sleep in a king at home. I get up in the middle of the night to use he bathroom and had no issues.

Enjoy!

I just got off of Breakaway on Sunday. We were in the Haven 2 bedroom suite 15104. There's no way 2 people will be able to sleep on the sofa of the second bedroom. You can have one on the sofa and one on the pull down bed. Plus 2 in the master bedroom, it's a real King bed. The sofa in the living room will be really tight for 2. It was maybe a full sized bed. I slept on it one night because my husband was snoring too much. It was pretty comfortable but I can't imagine sharing it. I'd say 5 people at best can sleep comfortably in that suite. Maybe some of the other 2 bedroom suites have another pull down bed in the living room?

ETA: Looking back at pictures and now that I think of it, I believe that the sofa bed in the living room converts to a Double bed when they reconfigure the cushions on the back of the sofa. I still think it would be tight for 2 people of "average" size.

Edited by ncklhaus

this is all family but this thread reminds me of the thread on here where a couple took their friends on a 2 BR trip and equally split the room bill. the broom closet couple wasnt happy .

Oh boy, I would imagine they would NOT be happy! But with me paying the bill for all my family I won't have that issue! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got off of Breakaway on Sunday. We were in the Haven 2 bedroom suite 15104. There's no way 2 people will be able to sleep on the sofa of the second bedroom. You can have one on the sofa and one on the pull down bed. Plus 2 in the master bedroom, it's a real King bed. The sofa in the living room will be really tight for 2. It was maybe a full sized bed. I slept on it one night because my husband was snoring too much. It was pretty comfortable but I can't imagine sharing it. I'd say 5 people at best can sleep comfortably in that suite. Maybe some of the other 2 bedroom suites have another pull down bed in the living room?

ETA: Looking back at pictures and now that I think of it, I believe that the sofa bed in the living room converts to a Double bed when they reconfigure the cushions on the back of the sofa. I still think it would be tight for 2 people of "average" size.

Thanks All for your first hand experiences on the ship and on these sleeping accommodations. I guess the bottom line is that everyone can make this work when remembering the trade off of the great luxury of the Haven! The only alternative in our case would be to get 2 other "couple" penthouse suites in the haven which at the price they are quoting for those I would NOT do the trip! You can't beat the discounted rate for the 3rd and 4th passengers in that 2 bedroom suite!

Thanks again!

Brian

this is all family but this thread reminds me of the thread on here where a couple took their friends on a 2 BR trip and equally split the room bill. the broom closet couple wasnt happy .

My mom took my family of four and I was more than happy to be in the second bedroom sharing it with my 22 year old dd lol. She shared her bedroom with my other child. All was happy :)

But, as I mentioned, I was very fine amd so was my dh in the bed.

Edited by js

We were in suite 16120 in November. The sofa in the living room will only sleep one, and according to my 13yo it was very uncomfortable. The bottom sofa in the second bedroom does fold out into a double, it does prevent the bathroom door from opening fully and was a bit tight for my 15yo DD and her 15yo friend. My 18yo slept on the bed that came down from the ceiling, he had no complaints. HTH.

Oh boy, I would imagine they would NOT be happy! But with me paying the bill for all my family I won't have that issue! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heck I"D b happy if you paid, id even stay on the top bunk. never knew there was a drop down in the 2BR. i was looking for cabins for 6 people one time even

heck I"D b happy if you paid, id even stay on the top bunk. never knew there was a drop down in the 2BR. i was looking for cabins for 6 people one time even

Yes there is a dropdown.

Twice my dh and I slept in the 2nd bedroom and my dd-22, slept in the pulldown.

Quite a task after a night of drinking with our family and friends LOL