First time in a suite!!!

My husband, daughter and myself will be going on the Oasis in May in the Owner's Balcony suite. We've only been on Royal tweice before and both times were on the Explorer and in a balcony cabin. I'm looking for any tips and tricks about the suite perks, and I had a few specific questions.

Since there will be 3 of us in the cabin, what are the chances of getting an extra lounger, and who would we ask? Not the end of the world if we can't just a thought.

I read about the Suite Sun Deck, what is this?

What is the Thermal Spa room?

Should we book our shows before we board, or did I read correctly, that we have special seating and don't need to do this?

Thanks so much for the help, we have done most of our cruising with Princess, so I'm looking for any help that I can get.

My husband, daughter and myself will be going on the Oasis in May in the Owner's Balcony suite. We've only been on Royal tweice before and both times were on the Explorer and in a balcony cabin. I'm looking for any tips and tricks about the suite perks, and I had a few specific questions.

Since there will be 3 of us in the cabin, what are the chances of getting an extra lounger, and who would we ask? Not the end of the world if we can't just a thought.

I read about the Suite Sun Deck, what is this?

What is the Thermal Spa room?

Should we book our shows before we board, or did I read correctly, that we have special seating and don't need to do this?

Thanks so much for the help, we have done most of our cruising with Princess, so I'm looking for any help that I can get.

Congrats on booking a suite. We did our first on the Allure in a GS in October and doing a 2BR Aquatheater in Oct 2017 on the Harmony with another couple. The Suite Sun desk is a nice quiet place, it has a bar but no pool. It's located at the front of the ship above the Solarium. You need your key card to access. The Thermal Spa room is in the salon area and might be nice for you and DH, we didn't use it. You don't have to book for shows in general as there is reserved space as long as you get there 15 minutes prior to the show, they release seat at 10 minutes prior to the show. You will need to reserve the comedy show online as the venue is small and no reserved seat for suite guest. I recommend booking it in the cruise planner.

Hope this helps, enjoy.

No need to book any shows except comedy show. But you do need to show up at least 15 minutes before show time at the suite reserved seats. At about 10 min before the show, these will be opened up for anyone. At the suite sun deck forward on deck 17 you can pick up all the beach towels you want without checking them out. There is plenty of either sun or shade up there and a nice hot tub. You can see down to Central Park from there. Your seapass card is your key to access the stairs that lead up to the suite sun deck.

Looks like everyone has answered the Suite questions, so I'll jump in on the Thermal Suite.

It's a small area in the middle of the spa. They only sell a small number of passes because it isn't a big area. The area is co-ed, so appropriate attire is required. There are 4 heated loungers, 2 different steam rooms and a dry sauna. There is a shower on either side of the room for cooling off.

The only real gripe is the area is quite small. The loungers are usually taken and it can take awhile to get one. I prefer to have the steam / sauna in the locker rooms like on the Radiance class, because they tend to be less crowded.

Hopefully they've done some work on the facilities because on our last trip there was always at least one thing broken (steam or sauna, one day all 3 were down). Not the end of the world, but if you pay $150 for a week long pass you kind of expect it to be in working order.

Oasis is a marvel of modern engineering and simply one of the best ships afloat. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had been on explorer in a balcony twice and last year decided it was time to upgrade to a grand suite. You will love all the perks of being in a suite. The sun deck is very nice as others said you do need your seapass to open the gate to the stairs for deck 17. Once up there they do have towels for you and if not ask and they will get them for you. As a perk you don't have to check out the towels just take as many as you need. I don't recall a hot tub up there but maybe I just missed it. There are small cabana's which are really nice but they do get hot up there. There is also a bar up there which is nice and convenient. I will warn you once you do a suite you'll always do a suite. lol

When I booked our 2018 cruise I was going to go back to the balcony but after thinking about it decided we loved the perks too much not to do the suite again. I book my cruises way in advance so I have plenty of time to pay them off.

Do the perks for a suite differ from ship to ship. We have a JS on Rhapsody?

JS perks on Rhapsody:

Bathtub

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

Very remote chance of a walk-in closet.

Edited by clarea