Royal Caribbean Credit Card

When you redeem to reduce your cruise price do you see the reduction immediately?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No it is not immediate. It has been a long time since I redeemed for money off a cruise. For OBC they post it in order of sail date, not sure how long it takes for money off the fare but I know it is not immediate

I'm looking for it and can't find it, where is the view my cruise points?

To qualify this answer, I'm on a laptop - don't know what it looks like on a smartphone.

On the left side of the BoA RCI cc account page, below the bold "Rewards" header and your MyCruise points total, and right above the tabs; "Activity," "Statements and Documents," etc., in blue is; View MyCruise Points

We've had the RCCL Visa card for a number of years and use it for everything. We use the points for on board credit and typically have at least $300 to $400 OBC for every cruise, which pretty much takes care of our on board expenses.

Sorry not an answer but still on topic, was wondering how easy is it to attach the credit card OBC to my cruise booking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's actually pretty simple. If you login to redeem your points, the click on the category you want to redeem and check out. Make sure you put your reservation number in the comments box. You should do this about 2 wks prior to cruise.

To qualify this answer, I'm on a laptop - don't know what it looks like on a smartphone.

On the left side of the BoA RCI cc account page, below the bold "Rewards" header and your MyCruise points total, and right above the tabs; "Activity," "Statements and Documents," etc., in blue is; View MyCruise Points

Thank you, it took me a while to find it and then realize it was right in front of me, thanks

• 3 years later...

We have enough point to redeem for a free companion fare for 3-4 nights cruise. We did that once years ago when we first got the card, but I don't remember how to it. Can someone remind me how to do that? Should I book the cruise then redeem it ?Thank you.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, islandwoman said:

The points guy says that Celebrity "My Cruise points" expire in 5 years, but I can't find anything about that on the BOA website.  Is that old information? 

On the BOA RC site, I go to the View My Cruise points and where it shows My Points Total there is a link for see expiration schedule.  It brings up a pop-up with the month-by-month points earned and each months expiration date.  It seems to be 5 years from earned month.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, Moon Orchid said:

We have enough point to redeem for a free companion fare for 3-4 nights cruise. We did that once years ago when we first got the card, but I don't remember how to it. Can someone remind me how to do that? Should I book the cruise then redeem it ?Thank you.

We have not used points for free companion fare.  We have always used it for OBC.  We have been hesitant this year to redeem points to avoid possible issues with cancellations . Our hesitation has paid off 6 times so far this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

On the BOA RC site, I go to the View My Cruise points and where it shows My Points Total there is a link for see expiration schedule.  It brings up a pop-up with the month-by-month points earned and each months expiration date.  It seems to be 5 years from earned month.

That helps.  Because I currently have no "My Cruise points",  I couldn't have looked it up myself.