Lost the review I was writing!

Jazzbo

I was in the middle of writing a (long) review when I hit something and lost it. I thought maybe I accidentally posted it, but I searched my CC name and it did not come up. Any ideas?

Sorry to hear that. I have had long posts disappear too. CC may have a time-out feature or it could have been an internet disruption. Best practice is to write the review in a word processing programme with the AutoSaving feature turn on and saving frequently. After you finish you can cut and paste into CC.

Now, the word processor route is not 100% foolproof. A fair number of my university and college students seem to lose their term papers while using a word processing programme. They usually notify me of these accidents about 7am on the morning that they are due.;)

Now, the word processor route is not 100% foolproof. A fair number of my university and college students seem to lose their term papers while using a word processing programme. They usually notify me of these accidents about 7am on the morning that they are due.;)

Sounds like the old "the dog ate my homework"!:D:D:D

Not sure I can help with the review you already lost, but my advice is to always write your review on a word processor or even in a blank email and save it there. Then when you are finished, you can copy and paste it onto a Cruise Critic thread and there is much less risk of accidentally losing it. At least, that's what I always do! :D

Not sure I can help with the review you already lost, but my advice is to always write your review on a word processor or even in a blank email and save it there. Then when you are finished, you can copy and paste it onto a Cruise Critic thread and there is much less risk of accidentally losing it. At least, that's what I always do! :D
Same here. I also have learned to save periodically when writing anything long because there is a chance that it will go poof if I don't.

But if you save a draft, you need to remember where you saved it.

I am probably not the only one who has had the experience of thinking something I saved has disappeared when I went looking for it and couldn't find it,

only to discover at a later date that I had actually saved it someplace else. :o

(Even though I could have sworn that it must have jumped over there all by itself. ;))