Question about time in port/time zone

slhopper

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. We are booked on the New Years cruise on the NCL Pearl out of NOLA. This is our 3rd cruise, and the first time we will be in George Town. We want to book an excursion to Stingray City, not with the ship. My question is this: Our itinerary states we are in port from 10-5. The tour operator states the tour ends/back to the dock at 430. However, they are one hour ahead of NOLA, and the two prior cruises I have been on kept to NOLA time. If that is the case, then we would have time to do this tour (would be back at 330 ships time) Is there anyway to make sure this is correct?

Thanks!

All the NCL cruises we've been on, the ship always adjusted to the port time. The notice was always given the night before. The tour operator also knows very well what time the guest must be back on the ship. However, a tour that only gets back 30 minutes before scheduled departure would make me very nervous.

All the NCL cruises we've been on, the ship always adjusted to the port time. The notice was always given the night before. The tour operator also knows very well what time the guest must be back on the ship. However, a tour that only gets back 30 minutes before scheduled departure would make me very nervous.

Right! I would never cut it that close! My question is that our itinerary states 10-5, both cruises I have been on NCL out of NOLA, that time was NOLA time, and the captain chose to keep that the ships time at each port. What I am wondering is the time listed on NCLs website, is that NOLA time, or adjusted to each port's time? Because my previous cruises it was NOLA time, which would get us back to port at 330, plenty of time before a 5 all aboard.

In the winter, your departure time of 5pm ship time (NOLA) would be 6pm Cayman time.

This site is really handy for calculating times:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Ok, that is what I THOUGHT it would be, I just wanted verification! Thank you, that gets us back to port 90 minutes before departure, which is within my comfort zone.. 30 minutes, NO WAY! :)

If you are travelling with a family or small group you might want to consider a private charter. We used Islandlife Watersports (Captain Andrew Ebanks) for our family of 5. We were the first boat out to Stingray City and had the place to ourselves for a while. We all got plenty of time holding, feeding and kissing the stingrays. By the time we departed to snorkel the large operators started arriving. We enjoyed a couple of snorkel stops and also some time on a small island before heading back to the ship. The 4 to 5 hr. private trip cost about the same as a shorter and more crowded options for our group.

Regardless of how you do it, interacting with the Stingrays is a unique experience I'm sure you will enjoy.

If you are travelling with a family or small group you might want to consider a private charter. We used Islandlife Watersports (Captain Andrew Ebanks) for our family of 5.

Regardless of how you do it, interacting with the Stingrays is a unique experience I'm sure you will enjoy.

Thanks for that suggestion, I had not heard of them.