WOW what ships when

mscg2000

Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and Harmony and probably all new ships from now on.

I do not believe Royal will retrofit any existing ship because of the complexities involved. Neither Oasis nor Allure got WOW band (RFID) upgrades during their recent drydock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and Harmony and probably all new ships from now on.

I do not believe Royal will retrofit any existing ship because of the complexities involved. Neither Oasis nor Allure got WOW band (RFID) upgrades during their recent drydock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. It would be a huge feat to add them to existing ships.

And they weren't even a roaring success.

Exactly. It would be a huge feat to add them to existing ships.

And they weren't even a roaring success.

And yet......

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/fain-hails-carnival-s-medallion-intro-reveals-rcl-s-excalibur.html

Noting that 'technology can be used to help our biggest single problem: not enough people understand cruising,' Richard Fain hailed competitor Carnival Corp. & plc's Ocean Medallion concept as a positive for the industry and said Royal Caribbean is working on its own advance, codenamed 'Excalibur.'

The Royal Caribbean chairman and ceo credited Carnival Corp. for a 'terrific rollout' of its Medallion technology earlier this year that 'got a lot of positive publicity.'

The quarter-sized Ocean Medallion, which passengers carry or wear, has microscopic antennas that interact with thousands of sensors aboard ship, enabling individuals to be recognized and helping personalize their experience in myriad ways.

Royal Caribbean debuted its own wearable technology, WOWbands, two years ago, and on Thursday Fain revealed the company is working on a new application, internally called Excalibur. It will debut in the summer. He said over the next year, this will be rolled out across six to 11 ships.

Glad the WoW bands are optional because on my last cruise on Anthem we found a few of them in elevators, restrooms by the sinks, etc. What if someone walks to a bar with one they found? Can they get drinks? We turned the ones we found in to the customer service desk.

I'm thinking it's just like using the card and possibly the person's info would come up. I don't know how it works but I would think something like that is possible. Maybe the photo, maybe not. I'm just spitballing here.

I hear ya, same thoughts here, hopefully a pic does pop up at the bar. I'm a traditionalist, will just use my seapass card.