Menu of cocktails is gone

JennysUncle

I can't believe that is going to go over well. What if the drink I want isn't available in the bar with the entertainment I want? What if I want a drink that's only in one bar and DH wants a drink that's only in a different bar???

Are you sure these weren't specials in addition to the standard bar menu?

I'm sure they were still making any cocktail that someone wanted - they just were not listed. Seems to me that will cut down on 'impulse' orders.

The first page of the drinks menu was the specialties, then it went into the liquor brands by category, and the wine, and the soft drinks.

Here are the specialty menus - sorry for the blur, I wasn't checking as I went along.

I believe POA1 reported this on his live thread as well and confirmed that you can still order the drink mixes of choice.

I know I will be looking at my old records as well as another resource, jot down a few (lemon drops springs to mind) and simply order on board.

But,I agree, it's nice to see the selections.

We have 8 days at sea,we'll see if there's a change under those circumstances.

Hope so. I usually need to look to be "inspired" ;)

Just off the Zaandam and I noticed that as well, but not to worry, any bar will make you any drink! I had to do a hard recall to remember all my favourite cocktails such as lemon drop as well! (classic or Tuscan). But the waiters know what you were asking for or if you described it they would know. I couldn't remember the exact name of the Bengal banshee tiger or something drink but they knew it. And you can get them in happy hour as well.

And yes it was annoying not seeing them all listed. Just some new names for the same thing really. I noticed the menu in the Mix had more of the 'original' cocktails listed than the other bars.

Koningsdam has varying menus for every bar, on every table.

My friend is on Westerdam now and says they're all there.

HAL will never hide something that generates significant venue. :)

Edited by sppunk

Wondering if it has something to do with all of the Explore 4 SBC's. Less choice maybe people will settle for a beer or plain mixed drink... Just a thought. We enjoy looking through the menu and choosing something different. If it is some sort of cutback sure is an odd one.

Edited by frankc98376

I believe POA1 reported this on his live thread as well and confirmed that you can still order the drink mixes of choice.

I know I will be looking at my old records as well as another resource, jot down a few (lemon drops springs to mind) and simply order on board.

But,I agree, it's nice to see the selections.

We have 8 days at sea,we'll see if there's a change under those circumstances.

Hope so. I usually need to look to be "inspired" ;)

Ah, lemon drops. What a wonderful memory. Six days to go until the Volendam; six days to go until my next lemon drop.

I can't believe that is going to go over well. What if the drink I want isn't available in the bar with the entertainment I want? What if I want a drink that's only in one bar and DH wants a drink that's only in a different bar???

Are you sure these weren't specials in addition to the standard bar menu?

No, it's a standard menu for all bars, with a page or two of specialties. They'll still make anything you want, as long as you ask and they have the ingredients. An exception would be something like the sake drinks in the Taramind Bar. You probably can't get them anywhere else because sake is exclusive to that bar.

On the Eurodam a month ago, the only bar with the old menus was the Pinnacle Bar. However, we asked a couple of bartenders and they all said that they can make any of the old drinks if you wanted them.

Here's a post with the Crow's Nest Bar Menu from 12/2016. You can see what I mean:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51790403&postcount=116

Edited by POA1

No, it's a standard menu for all bars, with a page or two of specialties. They'll still make anything you want, as long as you ask and they have the ingredients. An exception would be something like the sake drinks in the Taramind Bar. You probably can't get them anywhere else because sake is exclusive to that bar.

On the Eurodam a month ago, the only bar with the old menus was the Pinnacle Bar. However, we asked a couple of bartenders and they all said that they can make any of the old drinks if you wanted them.

Here's a post with the Crow's Nest Bar Menu from 12/2016. You can see what I mean:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51790403&postcount=116

I see that Prosecco is gone from the list. Moscato is 8.50, so no fizz on the beverage package now? Tsk!

I don't do foo-foo drinks. I like my booze straight up. Those foo-foos make you drink too much, too fast. A pour of liquor, unadulterated, causes one to sip and drink in moderation. I looked at the offerings for vodka and rum on that Eurodam menu; purely liquor meant to be mixed in drinks, none for sipping. Too bad. But, good for my wallet. I do remember on Princess having some Ultimat vodka. Never saw a good sipping rum, like a Don Q Gran Anejo or a Zacapa Solera (both savored best when served in a snifter).

I may have to resort to a classic vodka gimlet, just vodka and Rose's...

Bummer about the menus. We don't cruise often enough (or at all recently on HAL) to have favorites to remember. Part of the adventure was reading all the different concoctions and letting the mood of the moment strike. The only drink we know by heart is our traditional before dinner Bourbon Manhattan (with Sweet not Dry Vermouth please!). I guess we too will need to print an old one to take with but that sort of spoils the spontaneity factor. :(