Independence 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise semi-live review 1/23-1/28

Thanks for doing a live from thread. We will be getting on the Indy on Saturday when you get off. I wonder if the Beatles Tribute will be on next week. I'd love to see it.

Not sure, but they did play the cruise before ours which apparently was a chartered Rock Legends cruise with bands line CCR, REO Speedwagon, etc.

I will say the band overall was pretty good, but the John Lennon guy was a little out of tune. But I think it's because he's trying so hard to sound like Lennon he can't just let loose and sing the songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello!

We are set to embark from Ft. Lauderdale on Independence on Feb. 11th. I have tried to find out exactly what shows are available on the ship. I have been on 4 previous RC cruises and have always been able to review and book these in advance online at the RC website.

I cannot do so for this cruise for some reason and when I called RC they couldn't give me the names of any of the shows. Only that there is a "Broadway" show. I have since searched and found out that it is "Grease"

I see that you have seen a Beatles Tribute show as well.

Can you please post what other shows are available on the Independence?

Is there an Aqua show? An Ice Show? Comedy or Variety shows? Do they have the "Quest" show (where they break the crowd up into sections/teams and do wacky competitions) which is usually held in the same venue as the ice skating rink?

I would GREATLY appreciate any information you can supply. Really looking forward to this cruise!

Hello!

We are set to embark from Ft. Lauderdale on Independence on Feb. 11th. I have tried to find out exactly what shows are available on the ship. I have been on 4 previous RC cruises and have always been able to review and book these in advance online at the RC website.

I cannot do so for this cruise for some reason and when I called RC they couldn't give me the names of any of the shows. Only that there is a "Broadway" show. I have since searched and found out that it is "Grease"

Is there an Aqua show? An Ice Show? Comedy or Variety shows? Do they have the "Quest" show (where they break the crowd up into sections/teams and do wacky competitions) which is usually held in the same venue as the ice skating rink?

I would GREATLY appreciate any information you can supply. Really looking forward to this cruise!

You cannot book any shows for Indy pre-cruise.

With the possible exception of the ice show, all shows are first come, first served, timed to be convenient for the two traditional dining times.

If there is some ticket distribution method for the ice show, you will be notified on board.

No Aqua show.

Hello!

I'm also on the 2/11 cruise and have the same question about types of shows onboard. If there is a comedy show is it all ages?

I'm also on the 2/11 cruise and have the same question about types of shows onboard. If there is a comedy show is it all ages?

There will normally be at least one headliner who is a comedian. That headliner show will be for all ages. In addition, it's quite common for that (or another) comedian to do a late night adult comedy show.

There will normally be at least one headliner who is a comedian. That headliner show will be for all ages. In addition, it's quite common for that (or another) comedian to do a late night adult comedy show.

I was on Indy Jan 14th (western carribean 5-day itinerary). The major shows were:

Night 1 - welcome aboard show; Ice show ("Strings")

Day/Night 2 - Ice show ("Strings"); Some sort of dancing show

Night 3 - Greg London (rock music impressionist) and Love & Marriage

Night 4 - Grease (2 showings) and The Quest

Night 5 - Grease (1 showing)

I think there was also a comedy show on one of the last two nights but I'm not sure

Edited by andrews989

When I'm home I'll post up a more comprehensive list, but along with Grease, there was all ages comedy and adult comedy, the Quest and Love and Marriage game shows, a fairy tale-themed musical variety show, and the Beatles show.

Strings, the ice skating show, was first come first serve, no reservations.

And of course all kinds of musical acts throughout the ship.

Last night aboard Indy. A great sea day. One highlight is my wife and I won Tri-Bond trivia today, because we're awesome! :)

Will write up more thorough review when home but can't say enough what a wonderful cruise this has been. I loved Enchantment and wasn't sure if I'd love Indy as much but definitely do! Felix the concierge was outstanding and friendly as was all the crew we encountered.

Now just need to find out how to handle the Ranger Cookie, Concierge Club Macchiato, and Frozen Mojito withdrawals.

Not sure, but they did play the cruise before ours which apparently was a chartered Rock Legends cruise with bands line CCR, REO Speedwagon, etc.

I will say the band overall was pretty good, but the John Lennon guy was a little out of tune. But I think it's because he's trying so hard to sound like Lennon he can't just let loose and sing the songs.

Love the review from Independence! Thought I would add some information on the Beatles Tribute Band:

The band, "Britain's Finest" joined the Independence on Monday, Jan. 23. They did not play the previous cruise which was the Rock Legends Cruise. Britain's Finest is from Los Angeles and recently represented the USA at International Beatleweek in Liverpool, England, with 10 shows in 7 days including several at the Cavern Club.

Glad you enjoyed the show and had a great anniversary cruise!

Regards,

Anita Pederson

http://www.britainsfinestband.com

Love the review from Independence! Thought I would add some information on the Beatles Tribute Band:

The band, "Britain's Finest" joined the Independence on Monday, Jan. 23. They did not play the previous cruise which was the Rock Legends Cruise. Britain's Finest is from Los Angeles and recently represented the USA at International Beatleweek in Liverpool, England, with 10 shows in 7 days including several at the Cavern Club.

Glad you enjoyed the show and had a great anniversary cruise!

Regards,

Anita Pederson

http://www.britainsfinestband.com

Are they playing the week of feb20 Anita??

So a few thoughts in our little downtime before dinner:

- Labadee was great, though I feel the Cabana isn't as "worth it" as it is in Coco Cay. For one, upkeep......was worth $395. But still, very lovely beach day.

I was wondering what the current price was, its been -yo/yo - ing the past year or so. We paid $250 for it back in 2015 and I thought that was high, but worth it to us. In the 20 months since then I've seen it as high as $500, thanks for the details.

Thank you for your review! Will be on this cruise in April. Do you remeber which night was the formal night? As well as the menu in the MDR each night?

Thank you in advance :)

When are you going countrygirl6 We are on the April 3 cruise.