Soooo much junk mail from Oceania!!! Are prices better than online?

dcsam

We receive several pieces of mail from Oceania weekly. It's the most junk mail we receive from any one company. Do people really find better 'deals' in the junk mail or better deals online? I watch their website, but rarely read their mailings.

There is another thread on this subject. Lots of defense of Oceania in it.

I too get a lot of mail from them, have gone to the website to delete my name from the mailing list, even called to have it removed, all to no avail.

So, it just goes into the recycle bin. Seems like a lot of wasted money publishing every nice brochures and mailing them internationally but, it is Oceanias way I guess.

I have lately been getting stuff form SilverSeas too, are Oceania and SilverSeas related in some way?

We receive several pieces of mail from Oceania weekly. It's the most junk mail we receive from any one company. Do people really find better 'deals' in the junk mail or better deals online? I watch their website, but rarely read their mailings.

Many long years ago, we got Renaissance mailings at least twice a week. Now we get Oceania mailings at least twice a week.

We NEVER find better deals in these mailings. I book with an online travel agent who usually has group space at a great price plus added perks. But it's always fun to look at the pretty pictures and remember the wonderful places we've been.:)

My dh jokes about the number of mini brochures we get weekly also. Funnily enough the cruise that we have booked with them I found online and not in the flood of brochures.

Ironically, I did request two specific brochures about 3 to 4 weeks ago, rec'd email confirmation I requested them, but have yet to receive them in the mail. Go figure. I can get the ones I don't want in spades, but the 2 I want...no dice! 😁

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

O has what is best described as rolling or rotating "private" sales of about a month or so moving from TAs "here" to TAs "there." If you watch or somehow connect with agencies including O Connoisseurs Club TAs, you'll eventually figure out who is having these sales when. Close in sailing dates can see 15% off plus possible perks while all sailings during the sale will save at least 5% (much like "book onboard" break).

I too get the O e-mail spam- basically, real deals there are few and far between.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums