Celebrity cruise benefits ou of the blue

germanyboy

I just got off the Summit from a 5 night cruise. Booked the cruise last June thru my timeshare company and they made final payment for me at designated time.

I got on board and at first bar, we were offered the chance to upgrade classic package to Premium for only $10/day. We did not know we had it at all. Just had call written on our sea pass. And the funny thing was we had 2 slips for unlimited internet packages in our seapass card holder.

No one at travel agency ever mentioned it, it wasn't in any of the papers they sent me, and it never showed in my Celebrity account online, or anything in my reservation.

After dinner, we went down to Guest Relations to check on it--was it real, a mistake, or what-- and found out we also had $100.00 onboard credit.

So has anyone ever found that they had such benefits without knowing a thing about it.

It was a pleasant surprise.

We did book our next cruise while onboard, and do know we have Beverage packages, and OBC for this one.

Edited by germanyboy

That's great! Always nice to receive a surprise. :)

A couple of years ago, I cruised as a 3rd in a stateroom with my daughters. They received the alcoholic beverage packages with the booking, while I was suppose to receive the non-alcoholic package. Checked-in and discovered that my card had the Premium Beverage package on it. :cool::D

Edited by Iamthesea

Your booking confirmation should have explained any perks you would receive. Normally no surprises come from the cruiseline.

Generally only "thank you" obc's, wine,specialty dinners etc. from an agent might just show up unexpectedly.

Your booking confirmation should have explained any perks you would receive. Normally no surprises come from the cruiseline.

Generally only "thank you" obc's, wine,specialty dinners etc. from an agent might just show up unexpectedly.

I am suppose to get OBC, unlimited internet, and pre-paid tip but I only see the first 2 on the confirmation email and not the pre-paid tip. On the celebrity website, only unlimited internet shows up and not the OBC. I wonder if they will show up later closer to the cruise date which is in April.

I am suppose to get OBC, unlimited internet, and pre-paid tip but I only see the first 2 on the confirmation email and not the pre-paid tip. On the celebrity website, only unlimited internet shows up and not the OBC. I wonder if they will show up later closer to the cruise date which is in April.

You should check with your TA ASAP, or if booked directly with Celebrity, call them. Better to get it straightened out now rather than later.

I just got off the Summit from a 5 night cruise. Booked the cruise last June thru my timeshare company and they made final payment for me at designated time.

I got on board and at first bar, we were offered the chance to upgrade classic package to Premium for only $10/day. We did not know we had it at all. Just had call written on our sea pass. And the funny thing was we had 2 slips for unlimited internet packages in our seapass card holder.

No one at travel agency ever mentioned it, it wasn't in any of the papers they sent me, and it never showed in my Celebrity account online, or anything in my reservation.

After dinner, we went down to Guest Relations to check on it--was it real, a mistake, or what-- and found out we also had $100.00 onboard credit.

So has anyone ever found that they had such benefits without knowing a thing about it.

It was a pleasant surprise.

We did book our next cruise while onboard, and do know we have Beverage packages, and OBC for this one.

We had that happen to us on a TA. We also received free tips. We checked with Michael's Club Concierge and she confirmed but said there was no indication where it came from.

We certainly didn't complain.

This thread just shows that there are agency's that have no clue what is totally involved in a cruise.

So when issues arise, it is not always Celebrity that dropped the ball, when the Agent didn't know what kind of ball game it was!

Looks like they booked you under the most expensive Go Best level and had no clue you could have cruised without those items for a lot less.

It also shows that a good deal on Price is a state of mind.

Edited by wallie5446

You'd be surprise to know the number of passengers that we meet onboard that have no clue about perks. Many book through their hometown TA's. The TA gives the client a price and the client pays. That's it! Sometimes there are perks attached, and sometimes none. No reductions, nada!

I still remember hearing of the shock from my parents TA when I told my parents there was a price reduction before final payment. The TA reluctantly gave them a refund.:D

Thanks to Cruise Critic, we all know the ends and outs of rate/perk checking and comparing the pricing.

Edited by Iamthesea

Is it possible some of the Perks are being provided by your TA? If so, they should be on the e-mail you received from the TA. Print it out & take it w/ you. Our TA @ times provide extra perks - when this is the case - they do not show up on our Celebrity Doc's. If the perks do not show up on your confirmation e-mail from the TA, I would immediately contact them to straighten it out.