Miami Marathon Sunday 1/29

Host CJSKIDS

Thought I would remind everyone that the Miami Marathon is on sunday 1/29 and downtown Miami, Brickell etc will be effected by it.

Here are the street closure times

Downtown/Brickell: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

MacArthur Cswy EB: 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.

Miami Beach Area: 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.

Venetian Cswy: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.

Coconut Grove Area: 6:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.

Rickenbacker Cswy – 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Here is the website for maps and more info.

http://www.themiamimarathon.com

Thanks for posting this info.I'm boarding the Adonia on Sunday, public transit,(Metro Rail & Metro Mover ) shouldn't be affected?

They will be running, and very crowded for a Sunday. How were you planning on getting from rail to the port? Any method other than driving through the tunnel from I-395 will be very difficult.

Further note: the City of Miami Trolley will be severely disrupted due to the road closures all weekend. If anyone is planning on using the route to/from the port (which began running on Sundays as well as Saturday late last year) you must check the website to see what services are running.

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/

Surprising they haven't posted the list of weekend diversions yet, hopefully by Friday they will.

I'm trying to figure out how to post the map that my building has sent us.

I'm going to have to listen to "one more mile" all day Sunday as i'm at the one mile mark until the end. Even up 43 floors, its carries up!

Thanks for the post. We are sailing Sunday and are staying at the Doubletree Grand so we might be a little bit north. What is the name of the causeway to the port?

Take the McArthur Causeway (I-395) towards Miami Beach and exit at the tunnel (exit is in left hand lanes).

I'm trying to figure out how to post the map that my building has sent us.

I'm going to have to listen to "one more mile" all day Sunday as i'm at the one mile mark until the end. Even up 43 floors, its carries up!

Aww! I love the Miami Marathon! The half is one of my favorite Miami things ever! One year Vin Diesel hung out right at the bridge to Star Island and handed out bottles of water. A definite 'Miami' experience!

They will be running, and very crowded for a Sunday. How were you planning on getting from rail to the port? Any method other than driving through the tunnel from I-395 will be very difficult.] I was going to take metro-mover to freedom tower or college bayside, and walk to pier E. I travel light, only a backpack. Any thoughts on which stop might be better?
Edited by nsw104