Dream, etc question(s)...

EBchickens74

I am curious to know if anyone has anything good/bad to say about Dream or the ports I will be visiting while on her (before I book). Thinking of a cove balcony & the ports will be Mahogany Bay, Belize, & Cozumel(been there 2x already). Will be booking tomorrow on Thurs 1/26 most likely.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Anything I need to be aware of/concerned about?? :confused:

I'm sure this will be moved, but kind of an all in one post (ship & ports)

The Dream and the Magic are sister ships, they are our favorite. The Dream will be going into dry dock on Jan 29th for two weeks, receiving upgrades such as Alchemy Bar, Guys Burgers and a few others, repair to tile, painting and new carpeting will be done.

Loved the Dream and our Cove balcony. :)We used the balcony a TON on our cruise. I am so excited to sail her again after the upgrades. We had the same itinerary as you, and we were on a tight budget due to paying for college and a wedding. Because of that, we just did a beach day at the port in Mahogany Bay. We went to Paradise Beach and hung out by the pool for our Cozumel stop. Cheap to get in. Excellent Mojitos and Nachos!!! We stayed on the ship for the Belize stop. Loved having it so empty. Doing the same cruise again next May:D

I love the Dream, and cove balconies are my favorite! You are definitely making the right decision! I have a suggestion for Roatan, if you're a beach/water person. Little French Key is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. I've been twice now, and can't say enough good things about it! I've written 3 reviews on the Dream, two of which are your itinerary, if you want to take a look....

This is from Summer of 2015. Little French Key review starts on pg 3-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225398

This one is from summer of 2016. Little French Key review starts on pg 3-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2370365

The Dream is one of our favorite cruise ships. It's only second to the Breeze. Our favorite place in Cozumel is Paradise beach with the pool, restaurant, beach toys, etc. Our favorite place in Mohogany Bay is the animal farm. I loved holding the little baby monkeys. :) Our favorite tour in Belize was the cave tubing.

We did those same ports on the Dream in 2015. The Dream is probably my favorite ship so far. My kids really enjoyed the ship as well and Mahogany Bay is probably my second favorite port. I love ports with easy access to a beach.

Edited by RTRMom

I love the Dream, and cove balconies are my favorite! You are definitely making the right decision! I have a suggestion for Roatan, if you're a beach/water person. Little French Key is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. I've been twice now, and can't say enough good things about it! I've written 3 reviews on the Dream, two of which are your itinerary, if you want to take a look....

It was after reading your review that I upgraded from an ocean view to a cove balcony. ;) We have two cruises next year going to Roatan so we are definitely going to LFK one of them!

Yeah I would definitely book it. We are booked on the Dream for the week after Easter, same 3 ports. We had a cove balcony on the Dream 2 years ago and loved it. Went with a conventional balcony this time just to compare, but would do the cove balcony again as well.

Thanks for sending the links for the reviews----working on looking over them still. Thanks for the great info & pics :) (read 2016 so far)

Going for our 3rd cruise on the dream 4/30, enjoy the spa balcony so did again. The spa amenities are best in the fleet. Did your itinerary 2x, would recommend cave tubing with a private tour company in Belize, probably just the beach off the boat on Roatan and Coz has a lot but we enjoy the East Side or hanging at Wet Wendy's Margarita Bar off the square. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was after reading your review that I upgraded from an ocean view to a cove balcony. ;) We have two cruises next year going to Roatan so we are definitely going to LFK one of them!

Awesome! You'll love the cove balcony! And LFK is amazing. Enjoy your cruises!!

In Roatan, if they offer the excursion to Anthony Key to snorkel with dolphins, if you have any interest at all, do it! Not an encounter, the snorkel with the animals. Ive done quite a few of the animal encounter/swims, and this one was far and away the best experience. If you can swim and are a good snorkeler - the independent interaction time with the animals can be incredible. I played with two dolphins at the same time - they were like dogs, playing fetch with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going on the Dream in April. This is my first time cruising, but I'm very excited. We have a balcony room on Deck 8. We booked cave tubing & zip lining in Belize, a dolphin swim in Cozumel and a beach house in Mahogany Bay.

Yeah I would definitely book it. We are booked on the Dream for the week after Easter, same 3 ports. We had a cove balcony on the Dream 2 years ago and loved it. Went with a conventional balcony this time just to compare, but would do the cove balcony again as well.

I'll be on the same cruise!

I was on the Dream three weeks ago. I've posted a copy of the Funtimes in another thread if you're interested.

We had a great cruise with only one complaint. The MDR service is sloooow. We had "Your time dining" and our dinner each night was easily a two-hour affair. We missed the evening shows on a couple of nights. We finally gave up on the MDR and just ate the buffet.

Unless they've changed ....plan your evening accordingly.

Have fun on a great ship with a nice itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you book it? I didn't see a date of your sailing. We will be on the Dream on Feb 19th. We also have a cove balcony. We had our first cove balcony last year on a med cruise on the Vista and loved it. Can't wait to get my sea legs again.

I was looking at LFK as well but I read somewhere that they aren't very nice to the animals. For those of you that have been.......What do you think?

I'm booked for September.

looking forward to seeing the upgrades the ship gets,

I've looked and as of right now the faster to fun is sold out, does this ever change? It's 9 months till we sail and it's sold out already???