Panama view help

chloes nana

hi all! Just a little help please. I will be sailing the Westerdam after her remodel. We sail March of next year and I have a question, we sailed in a navigation deck cabin 10001 on the Eurodam and loved it. I know small balconies. My question is since this is so high and forward would it be a good vantage point for the Canal? We are currently mid ship deck 6. Any thoughts would be wonderful. Thanks!

Edited by chloes nana

It will be fine. I think you'll find that you'll be up and moving around throughout your time in the canal to get different views. The Crows Neck is great, and they open forward decks so you can go out there as well. Be sure to get around and check out the view from the stern as well.

It will be fine. I think you'll find that you'll be up and moving around throughout your time in the canal to get different views. The Crows Neck is great, and they open forward decks so you can go out there as well. Be sure to get around and check out the view from the stern as well.

Agree. There is no reason to stay in one spot. There are so many nice spots to view from.

It doesn't matter what cabin you stay in. Most passengers go to different places while traversing the Canal. My husband liked it up on the top decks outside. I preferred to be down front while going thru the locks. Lower promenade deck anywhere is interesting. One time while a Japanese freighter was going thru the locks at the same time as our HAL ship, my husband and a Japanese sailor tossed a tennis ball back and forth. Eventually all three of the balls were lost in the waters of the canal, but they had such a good time. As you move to different areas on the ship you also will enjoy conversation with various passengers. This is an interesting cruise; I'm sure you will enjoy it wherever you are on the ship.

Marianne

Agree with above comments about moving about. Forward deck, Crows Nest, aft lido, etc. But---the balcony is also great and we utilized ours extensively during our transit. We were starboard side and faced inward to canal during both transits. Was so fun observing other ships passing in opposite direction and waving at their crews, and apparently some cargo ship cruisers also. It rained hard as first entering canal, and then periodically during the day and I doubt this is too unusual considering the location. Forward deck unusable with 2" standing water or more. We were looking forward to viewing from there, but they had to close it down. Went aft lido as closing and filling first lock, then to Crows Nest to see exit and that worked out well. At the lake we mostly hung out on veranda though and during some of the transit each way. So the veranda is very nice to have, even though you should also view from various spots on the ship. I do think a far forward veranda would be nice, but ours was deck 9 aft and it was fine. Enjoy your cruise. We had great time and canal transit was very interesting.

Jane