MSC MERAVIGLIA - new ship concerns

RuthCruiser

Just did deposit for a November sailing our of Civitavecchia. Very excited to find the exact itinerary and dates we wanted but concerned that it is a new ship and we won't have any reviews until after her first sailing in June.

Has anyone found more info on it other than the draft drawings available online?

Also, this is new to me since we've never done a European cruise but they said that people can start in Barcelona or Marseille; seems like every day we will have new guests coming and going...like a local bus??

Yes you can start your cruise from any port along the itinerary, I don't know why you would be worried about this, it's been going on for years.

Worried about a new ship that won't have reviews until its first sailing? It's new! That's the exciting bit, its new! You book a sailing with concerns? I don't get it.

I'm on the 4th sailing and I don't care to much about reviews, I want to explore and take in all that the Meraviglia has to offer and make my OWN mind up and enjoy a brand new ship. Do some research and yes the final fit out will be a closely guarded secret until its christening in June. It's a new ship! I don't want to know everything about it until I put my feet firmly on the deck and start my cruise.

Try to enjoy your cruise.

Have a look at this great homepage of the ship. You will find a lot of useful information about the MSC Meraviglia and the offers and facilities onboard:)

https://mscmeraviglia.com/gl/en

Can't wait to embark:)

Hope all goes well on the maiden for you, NC - it's getting close, now :D

Are you planning to write a review? - yours would be one of, if not, the first.

It would be great to get a "Live from .........."

Edited by Beamafar

Hope all goes well on the maiden for you, NC - it's getting close, now :D

Are you planning to write a review? - yours would be one of, if not, the first.

It would be great to get a "Live from .........."

Thank you very much. We are very excited about the maiden voyage and the following week in the Med. I'm sure everything will be great and I will write a review with plenty of photos from the ship when I return home :D

Aren't you booked in on the second cruise as well? :)

Thank you very much. We are very excited about the maiden voyage and the following week in the Med. I'm sure everything will be great and I will write a review with plenty of photos from the ship when I return home :D

Aren't you booked in on the second cruise as well? :)

Yes, indeed - fair play to your memory! So I may not get to see your review before boarding :( What is the date of your disembarkation?

BTW, we had a wonderful cruise on the MSC Magnifica last October. What a lovely ship and great crew. We loved the food, service and atmosphere onboard. :)

Couldn't agree more .............. one of our best ever cruises was on Magnifica last April. The Captain was a wonderful man who came to the Black Card members meeting.

The concern I have about Meravglia is passenger space ratio. According to the article introducing meraviglia posted here, her max passenger capacity is 5,700! Those numbers are crazy considering she is only 167,000 GT.

For comparison, Anthem of the seas is virtually the exact same size (167,000 gt) yet her maximum capacity appears to be only 4,900. 800 people will have an impact- especially considering Msc is more likely to sail at max with 4 in a cabin (kids sail free promo).

I say "appears to be" because the numbers reported conflict. Some sites have Meraviglia at only 5,000 which would be more reasonable.

Has anyone gotten a definitive answer regarding max capacity on Meraviglia? There is a fabulous Arctic circle itinerary I'm watching, but I'd like this puzzle solved before booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we're in YC, too, so we'll definitely meet at some stage - you can tell me all about the ship firsthand :D

We embark on the 19th so won't catch up NC. See Beamafar in YC I'm sure, I'll be taking photos writing reviews about the new ship lol. This is getting closer [emoji2]

8e0617b86ce25784a151581783c1b4d3.jpg

We embark on the 19th so won't catch up NC. See Beamafar in YC I'm sure, I'll be taking photos writing reviews about the new ship lol. This is getting closer [emoji2]

8e0617b86ce25784a151581783c1b4d3.jpg

I can pass on all the tips about the ship Norwegian Cruiser gives me to you ;)

I would not worry much about the Meravigilia's newness. We sailed the NCL Breakaway and Escape a few months after christening. Absolutely no problems. All ships undergo extensive sea trials before the first cruise. We are booked in the YC on the Oct. 27 departure from Barcelona. By then the ship will have had a few months to fix any bugs, but as I stated above, I doubt it will have any major issue on day one of sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i really would like to try a maiden voyage one day however from Malta is a bit impossible to book a maiden voyage how do you book it pls?

With MSC it depends on where they're marketing it ................. it was available to book in this neck of the woods, but the embarkation/disembarkation ports weren't accessible in terms of flights for us. Plus, we'd already booked what was supposed to have been the "maiden voyage" beforehand - not too bothered now as she'll only have done 10 nights or so before we board so everything will still be very new and, hopefully, most of the creases will have been ironed out by then.

The concern I have about Meravglia is passenger space ratio. According to the article introducing meraviglia posted here, her max passenger capacity is 5,700! Those numbers are crazy considering she is only 167,000 GT.

For comparison, Anthem of the seas is virtually the exact same size (167,000 gt) yet her maximum capacity appears to be only 4,900. 800 people will have an impact- especially considering Msc is more likely to sail at max with 4 in a cabin (kids sail free promo).

I say "appears to be" because the numbers reported conflict. Some sites have Meraviglia at only 5,000 which would be more reasonable.

Has anyone gotten a definitive answer regarding max capacity on Meraviglia? There is a fabulous Arctic circle itinerary I'm watching, but I'd like this puzzle solved before booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from MSCs Swedish site:

5.714 (baserat på plats i dubbelhytt)

I translate "baserat på plats i dubbelhytt" to double occupancy so that should mean if two people are sharing each cabin, I think. (The maximum capacity is then higher because many cabins can take more than two passengers.)