Bringing wine

Should I bring the wine in my carry on or is it alright to have it in my checked bag?

TIA

Definitely carry on. Saves a possible trip to the naughty room (X-rays can't tell wine from other liquid) and possibility of broken bottle.

You can do either - checked bag or carry-on.

BUT...if you put the wine in your checked bag, be sure to encase it in plastic and pad it well within your suitcase as baggage handling is not exactly gentle. Your suitcase may make it to your cabin just fine, but if it doesn't, you'll have to go to the Naughty Room on Deck 1 to claim it, and you'll have to show the booze sentries on duty that the bottles seen inside your bag in the x-ray are indeed the wine you're allowed to bring aboard.

If you bring your wine in your carry-on bag, it's a whole lot less prone to be troublesome.;)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

From what I have read, it looks like you can carry your wine on and not pack it. Is it like Princess, where you go to a table and some guy records your wine, or do you just go thru security?

Just want to be sure I know what to expect--our first RCI cruise, from Sydney to NZ (if that makes a difference).

Thx-just trying to be prepared and look like we've done it before (which we have but not on RCI :-) )

ML

From what I have read, it looks like you can carry your wine on and not pack it. Is it like Princess, where you go to a table and some guy records your wine, or do you just go thru security?

Just want to be sure I know what to expect--our first RCI cruise, from Sydney to NZ (if that makes a difference).

Thx-just trying to be prepared and look like we've done it before (which we have but not on RCI :-) )

ML

You just go through security. There has been no 'recording table' when we've sailed from Sydney

Carry it on, for sure.

On our last RCI cruise, when we went through security, they saw the bottle in our check-in and asked us to stop at the liquor inspection table before boarding. They check to make sure it's wine and you're on your way. Super easy

On the Princess cruise before that, it was exactly the same procedure.