Leaving on a Jet Plane! (Oh No...a Storm!!)

NoName

My family will (hopefully) be boarding the MSC Divina on Saturday, 1/28/17. My husband and I (50's) are taking our two adult sons, daughter-in-law, grandson (age 6) and son's girlfriend on this cruise. (This trip was the family Christmas present).

We are from Upstate NY, unfortunately our travel plans are in the direct route of the "snow belt" and there is a major lake effect snow storm standing in-between us and our vacation. We are supposed to fly out the same day as we sail. I have already been in contact with our travel insurance company to find out what our options are if we can't make it! I am freaking out and keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out!

We are booked as Bella Experience. I did the status match prior to sailing and will be boarding as “gold”. Should have been Black as I am platinum with both NCL and Carnival, but I didn't' realize they don't treat them the same and I used my Carnival status for the match....if I have used NCL, I would have been Black. Oh well.....hopefully we will LOVE MSC and I will be Black before I know it!

I have only sailed MSC once before, on the Poesia back in 2011. While I had an “okay” experience, I had no plans of going back, especially with my family. However, MSC really caught my attention with some fabulous fares and I decided to give them one more try. I have read that they have worked really hard to tailor the experience to Americans....so I am going with an open mind.

I have pre-purchased multiple drink voucher packages, on-board laundry services, the 100 photo package (plan to do family pictures....) and the streamer plus internet package-(so plan on posting to this thread daily). I tried to book the entertainment package (race car, movie theater, bowling) online, but was told I had to do this once on board.

I have been reading these boards almost daily for the past year, trying to learn everything I could. Now, I plan to pay it forward by sharing our experiences as we go!

I have read lots of questions from folks wondering about the Divina's kids program...I am traveling with my 6 year old grandson and will be sure to post about his experience with the kids program.

Wish me luck on making it to the airport and stay tuned for lots of details and pictures along the way! Kim

I hope your flights are not delayed, or even worse, cancelled, and you get to Miami on time to board the ship. I'm guessing you had good reasons for not flying out of NY the day before the cruise, but boy, have you added a big layer of stress to your travel day!

Fingers and toes crossed for your safe and timely arrival to Miami, and I'll look forward to reading your family adventures on Divinia. Hoping you have a wonderful cruise:cool:

Hope you that you get here safely Kim. I am looking forward to reading your reviews next week.

When you do use the wifi just remember to keep turning Off the wifi on your phone after each time you use it!

And again safe journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope your flights are not delayed, or even worse, cancelled, and you get to Miami on time to board the ship. I'm guessing you had good reasons for not flying out of NY the day before the cruise, but boy, have you added a big layer of stress to your travel day!

Fingers and toes crossed for your safe and timely arrival to Miami, and I'll look forward to reading your family adventures on Divinia. Hoping you have a wonderful cruise:cool:

Thanks Karen!

Hope you that you get here safely Kim. I am looking forward to reading your reviews next week.

When you do use the wifi just remember to keep turning Off the wifi on your phone after each time you use it!

And again safe journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting all the photos and participating in the discussions! I have really enjoyed it!

Good luck Kim, hope you have a fabulous experience. Divina really is a wonderful ship and the staff/crew are great as well.

I hear you about the weather, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things turn out well for you and the family.

Enjoy

Thanks for the positive vibes! Kim

My family will (hopefully) be boarding the MSC Divina on Saturday, 1/28/17. My husband and I (50's) are taking our two adult sons, daughter-in-law, grandson (age 6) and son's girlfriend on this cruise. (This trip was the family Christmas present).

We are from Upstate NY, unfortunately our travel plans are in the direct route of the "snow belt" and there is a major lake effect snow storm standing in-between us and our vacation. We are supposed to fly out the same day as we sail. I have already been in contact with our travel insurance company to find out what our options are if we can't make it! I am freaking out and keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out!

We are booked as Bella Experience. I did the status match prior to sailing and will be boarding as “gold”. Should have been Black as I am platinum with both NCL and Carnival, but I didn't' realize they don't treat them the same and I used my Carnival status for the match....if I have used NCL, I would have been Black. Oh well.....hopefully we will LOVE MSC and I will be Black before I know it!

I have only sailed MSC once before, on the Poesia back in 2011. While I had an “okay” experience, I had no plans of going back, especially with my family. However, MSC really caught my attention with some fabulous fares and I decided to give them one more try. I have read that they have worked really hard to tailor the experience to Americans....so I am going with an open mind.

I have pre-purchased multiple drink voucher packages, on-board laundry services, the 100 photo package (plan to do family pictures....) and the streamer plus internet package-(so plan on posting to this thread daily). I tried to book the entertainment package (race car, movie theater, bowling) online, but was told I had to do this once on board.

I have been reading these boards almost daily for the past year, trying to learn everything I could. Now, I plan to pay it forward by sharing our experiences as we go!

I have read lots of questions from folks wondering about the Divina's kids program...I am traveling with my 6 year old grandson and will be sure to post about his experience with the kids program.

Wish me luck on making it to the airport and stay tuned for lots of details and pictures along the way! Kim

I hope all goes well for you but living where you live it's not the best time to go on a cruise.

Actually, I think it is the best time to go on a cruise!

Exactly!! Wonderful time to get away from the cold and find a nice warm spot the sun.

IAm happy to report that we are on the plane on our way to the port!

So happy you made it ok. I was watching the snow coming down last evening thinking, "well, if Kim doesn't get anymore snow than what we're getting right now, she'll be good to go" Yay!!

Have a great cruise, you've earned now for sure :p

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Hi everyone. We are on board!!! Woot Woot!Everything has went very smoothly. We rented a car in fort Lauderdale and drove to Miami airport and took the free rental shuttle to the port.

I would guess the Divina boarding process took 15 minutes at the most.. It was the quickest we have ever boarded.

Once on board we headed right to the sports bar for lunch. We literally had the entire bar to ourselves. The food was delicious! The burgers were so fresh and came with cheese, mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. The accompanying French fries were served hot. This was so much better than going to the buffet!

We have now retired to our room to get a quick nap in before lifeboat drill scheduled for 4:45.

I will update later today with pictures, but first impressions is this is a beautiful ship!

Edited by NoName
Errors