Tips for the Breakaway

UnaPalomita

Sailing Sunday. Any last minute tips or exciting places to visit, etc? :) We're a couple in our mid-thirties and we're bringing our 5.5 year old. We also have a mini suite/ balcony. This is our 5th cruise (4th Norwegian), but first time on a 'mega' ship! This is going to the be 14 day Southern Caribbean sailing. Any tips or exciting things we definitely need to check or (or avoid) would be so appreciated!! :D

Edited by UnaPalomita

Sailing Sunday. Any last minute tips or exciting places to visit, etc? :) We're a couple in our mid-thirties and we're bringing our 5.5 year old. We also have a mini suite/ balcony. This is our 5th cruise (4th Norwegian), but first time on a 'mega' ship! This is going to the be 14 day Southern Caribbean sailing. Any tips or exciting things we definitely need to check or (or avoid) would be so appreciated!! :D

the waterslides are amazing! there is a height and weight limit, so prepare your little one so they arent disappointed at the top. the ropes course is for any age, be sure to pack sneakers (you need fully closed in shoes, no flip flops, crocs, etc.). you can stay up there as long as you like, so dont feel like once you go around you have to come down.

the Vibe area is wonderful, but its adult only.

definitely eat a specialty and dine on the waterfront.

the waterslides are amazing! there is a height and weight limit, so prepare your little one so they arent disappointed at the top. the ropes course is for any age, be sure to pack sneakers (you need fully closed in shoes, no flip flops, crocs, etc.). you can stay up there as long as you like, so dont feel like once you go around you have to come down.

the Vibe area is wonderful, but its adult only.

definitely eat a specialty and dine on the waterfront.

Yes!! I read about the height limits, my son is about 41" maybe he'll be okay for the one family slide. They let him go on the one on the Gem even when he was way shorter at 3 years. Hoping no tears!

Packing sneakers now!!

Have a great time! If you need help with pool loungers, just go see Deck Hand Turnell from Saint Lucia, he's my sweet boyfriend and he loves to help guests have a great time on the pool deck. :)

Did he assist with chair hogs?

Are there loungers around the kids pool? I was reading another thread that said they didn't have lounge chairs there, only around the adult pool. We are traveling with a 4 and 7 year old and unsure if they'll use the Splash Academy, so want to know as much as we can to plan our time for the kids time at the kids pool. Is the kids pool big enough to actually go in and swim?

Noted! Going to tell the husband to leave his ring in the safe too :)

I'd leave all good jewelry at home in a secure place

Haven't worn good jewelry including wedding rings on a trip in years

Stunt doubles are fine fir nighttime if you feel you must wear a wedding ring

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a tip: don't take a 5 Y/O on a 14 day cruise.

Just kidding ... have a great time! :)

Actually it's not really a joke IMHO

I've been on the long cruises in winter and yes the 5 yo will certainly be in the minority

Splash academy will be open of course

Since the child is either in K or homeschooled this cruise will be time better spent for them than being in classroom indoctrination lol

I'm serious here. Travel is the best education around.

Edited by luvtheships

I've been on the long cruises in winter and yes the 5 yo will certainly be in the minority

Since the child is either in K or homeschooled this cruise will be time better spent for them than being in classroom indoctrination lol

We have been on the 2 week cruises 2 years in a row. There were around 500 children on board. They actually sent out a letter informing us of this and that thereally may be a delay or long lines when dropping off or picking up children from Splash Academy.

20170126_210753_zpslhe0pnij.jpg

Have no fear, you will have a great time.

We have been on the 2 week cruises 2 years in a row. There were around 500 children on board. They actually sent out a letter informing us of this and that thereally may be a delay or long lines when dropping off or picking up children from Splash Academy.

20170126_210753_zpslhe0pnij.jpg

Have no fear, you will have a great time.