Formal Night in SolariumBistro?

FrannyK

Will be on the Anthem in February and I realized I made reservations for the Solarium Bistro on the second formal night. I'm wondering what the dress code is there? Is it "dress casual" (even on formal nights) like the specialty restaurants?

Will be on the Anthem in February and I realized I made reservations for the Solarium Bistro on the second formal night. I'm wondering what the dress code is there? Is it "dress casual" (even on formal nights) like the specialty restaurants?

Specialty restaurants are smart casual every night.

We were asked to eat at Solarium on the second formal night because of an overbooked MTD. People were dressed on the nicer side. I didn't see jeans, shorts, uncollared shirts, etc. There were a few older couples in suits and long dresses, but for the most part it was dress shirt or golf shirt and khakis for the guys (a few blazers), and skirts/dresses/nice pants for the ladies.

We were asked to eat at Solarium on the second formal night because of an overbooked MTD. People were dressed on the nicer side. I didn't see jeans, shorts, uncollared shirts, etc. There were a few older couples in suits and long dresses, but for the most part it was dress shirt or golf shirt and khakis for the guys (a few blazers), and skirts/dresses/nice pants for the ladies.

That sounds great then, it will save us from bringing a second formal outfit this cruise. I'm wondering, if you went on formal night, is the menu that night the same as the dining room?

That sounds great then, it will save us from bringing a second formal outfit this cruise. I'm wondering, if you went on formal night, is the menu that night the same as the dining room?

Solarium Bistro has its own menu and does not use the MDR's menus even on formal night.

No, the Solarium has its own menu (which for the life of me I can't remember). But , when we ordered our entrees the waiter asked if we would like some lobster tails from the main dining room as well (second formal night was lobster tail night). It is my understanding that you can always ask for something from the dining room at any of the specialty restaurants.