WiFi On Silhouette

janetz

Just off the Silhouette in the Caribbean, the Wifi was not great. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not, I had unlimited usage as part of the Go Best package. If I had paid, I would have asked for a refund.

I compared Royal's wifi on the Oasis ships to the Silhouette to a crew member and was told Celebrity uses a different company. Perhaps Celebrity needs to change to the same company RC uses.

I have recently been on the Silhouette twice - once in October in the Western Med. and over New Year's in the Caribbean.

The internet was better in the Med, than in the Caribbean. Who knows why! The flyer I have from the Caribbean lists unlimited internet at $259for a 9 day cruise. (Good thing I'm Elite Plus and get enough minutes to last me.)

Also, the TV reception/channels you can watch was better in the Med. In the Caribbean, there was almost no news - no CNN, MSN, FOX, etc for most of the cruise. I found this kind of strange. Closer to the USA, but with less TV.

I have recently been on the Silhouette twice - once in October in the Western Med. and over New Year's in the Caribbean.

The internet was better in the Med, than in the Caribbean. Who knows why! The flyer I have from the Caribbean lists unlimited internet at $259for a 9 day cruise. (Good thing I'm Elite Plus and get enough minutes to last me.)

Also, the TV reception/channels you can watch was better in the Med. In the Caribbean, there was almost no news - no CNN, MSN, FOX, etc for most of the cruise. I found this kind of strange. Closer to the USA, but with less TV.

It has nothing to do with proximity to the US.....all about which satellite is being used.

I have been poking around looking for information on the Wi FI onboard.

Under my reservation I only see an option of unlimited for 224.

Are there other packages or pricing I am not seeing?

Thanks ahead.:)

Only package is what you are seeing. Price depends on length of cruise. Pre-cruise price is 10% less than if you wait to purchase on board.

You can also purchase 24 consecutive hours for $49.

You can also purchase 60 consecutive minutes for $24.95.

That's it.

Pre-cruise purchase price is

Thanks.

That's perfect. I only need minutes.

I am only going to use it for my IPhone to text and call

If you connect the ships WiFi, put the phone in airplane mode, and switch

to WiFi calling, there are no charges from Verizon

So I have read

Edited by janetz