Epic TA - What cabin would you recommend...

JWGrayson

Hi, We are looking at booking the Epic TA in Apr 2018. OV and Balcony cabins are both $999 with aft-facing balconies $1,049. We have only cruise on NCL once in Dec 2009 and that was on the Dawn in the Carib.

Based on the prices, I'd be inclined to book an aft cabin. It looks like the aft cabins are all covered, rather than exposed to the sun like the ones on Carnival. Is there a downside to that?

What would you recommend?

Hi, We are looking at booking the Epic TA in Apr 2018. OV and Balcony cabins are both $999 with aft-facing balconies $1,049. We have only cruise on NCL once in Dec 2009 and that was on the Dawn in the Carib.

Based on the prices, I'd be inclined to book an aft cabin. It looks like the aft cabins are all covered, rather than exposed to the sun like the ones on Carnival. Is there a downside to that?

What would you recommend?

For 50 bucks, I would definitely pick the aft balcony. It will always be a hike to get to the aft elevators, but you'll need your exercise after eating cruise ship food for 2 weeks.

At the end of the day, the atlantic in april will be cool. More of a go out, have a cup of coffee, and come in than spending hours sunning yourself.

You will, generally, get afternoon sun, which is fine.

Enjoy!

For 50 bucks, I would definitely pick the aft balcony. It will always be a hike to get to the aft elevators, but you'll need your exercise after eating cruise ship food for 2 weeks.

At the end of the day, the atlantic in april will be cool. More of a go out, have a cup of coffee, and come in than spending hours sunning yourself.

You will, generally, get afternoon sun, which is fine.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your input and fast response! Now for another question - would you avoid decks 8 and 13, so that there are only cabins above and below? John

@JWGrayson, definitely in an aft. Epic doesn't have OV cabins. I would recommend higher up because Epic has a loud rear end (sorry, aft). It's really more the vibration. We usually book spa mini's which are nearer the aft. You will have the spa above you, but we don't have an issue with the pool deck above us so you shouldn't be bothered by noise on 13. Aft balconies are larger and have a great view. The transatlantics are wonderful, but after taking our first one east, and our second west, we are sticking with the west as we prefer those time changes. It sounds like a first on Epic. If so, be sure to learn about the "unique" Epic so you won't be disappointed. She's my favorite ship--cruise #6 in Nov (transatlantic, of course), and while many feel the same, some do not.

Nexus 9

Hopefully you are aware of the unique Euro style bathroom setup on Epic? This is JMO, but the spa on Epic is amazing - we went there every afternoon, so I would recommend a spa cabin of some sort or getting spa passes. Also, the Haven and Epic Club (dedicated restaurant for Haven guests) is really great on this ship - but might be out of your price range.

If you can swing it the 2br Haven suites are currently a very good deal with lots to choose from. $2999pp vs the Haven one room penthouses that were almost all sold at $5199 or more. Almost twice the cabin for a much lower price. I don't see it lasting long because as people book those H4's the pricing model will quickly put the price back up. Otherwise there may be a good opportunity for upsells.

If you can swing it the 2br Haven suites are currently a very good deal with lots to choose from. $2999pp vs the Haven one room penthouses that were almost all sold at $5199 or more. Almost twice the cabin for a much lower price. I don't see it lasting long because as people book those H4's the pricing model will quickly put the price back up. Otherwise there may be a good opportunity for upsells.

We plan to be gone for a total of 47 days, 40 of those days on ships. So, we are already be stretching it and will need to settle for the aft balcony. John

we are doing the april transatlantic in 2017. We have an aft balcony, the same one for the 3 cruises we will be on.

When you go online and search for cabins, find one that you don't have to switch cabins.

Have a great time!

We plan to be gone for a total of 47 days, 40 of those days on ships. So, we are already be stretching it and will need to settle for the aft balcony. John

I didn't catch that you are on 2018 TA. I can understand that decision, it sounds like a great trip. I would advise not booking an aft too high as there is also Spice H20 up there. Sometimes the parties go late and I have read complaints of noise making it to the higher aft cabins.

Edited by Até

My main point would be to make sure you get the bed near the balcony (as opposed to near the entry door). walking between the narrow space between the end of the bed and the cupboards is a right pain.

We didn't like the cabins, especially the bed with rounded ends, and we weren't really tall.

Hubby won't go on Epic again. Too noisy everywhere.

we are doing the april transatlantic in 2017. We have an aft balcony, the same one for the 3 cruises we will be on.

When you go online and search for cabins, find one that you don't have to switch cabins.

Have a great time!

Thanks, we will be on the Epic for the TA and then3 days to Rome. We will spend a few days there then take a train back to Barcelona to catch the Horizon, that will be Carnival's newest for 2018. We will do 24 days on her. We always make a point of getting the same cabin for B2B cruise, if possible.

My main point would be to make sure you get the bed near the balcony (as opposed to near the entry door). walking between the narrow space between the end of the bed and the cupboards is a right pain.

We didn't like the cabins, especially the bed with rounded ends, and we weren't really tall.

Hubby won't go on Epic again. Too noisy everywhere.

I usually take the one farthest from the toilet to be nice to my DW. :) John

For an eastbound I'd go for a starboard cabin location.

We've booked Epic TA for November 2018, with $50/pp deposits just HAD to book something:) We chose a B6 "Large Balcony", port side as it's westbound of course.

For an eastbound I'd go for a starboard cabin location.

We've booked Epic TA for November 2018, with $50/pp deposits just HAD to book something:) We chose a B6 "Large Balcony", port side as it's westbound of course.

Looks like we will go with the Aft Balcony. I am very please with the $50/pp deposit. John