FLL hotel near water taxi

Happycamper01

I know there are numerous threads about this. But suggestions would be helpful. Would like to stay either on 17th St., walking distance to grocery store or total wine or at the Riverside Hotel. However, we would like to be near a water taxi stop as well. Any suggestions on Priceline bidding to get one or the other locations? Will the Priceline "Name your own price" bidding for "cruise port/downtown" give me only the above options?

Thanks for any input!

I think both areas are water taxi stops. We've stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and there is a stop there and also across the water way is another stop at the hotel that I believe used to be a Marriott but I'm sorry I can't recall what it is now. The Water taxi makes numerous stops along it's route. We've taken it for sightseeing. I'm not sure about priceline.

Edited by torpeedo

Yes, bidding in that Priceline zone should give you a hotel within walking distance to the water taxi--depending on how far you're willing to walk. The farthest away we have been is the Hyatt Place, which is about a mile away. The Marriott Marina is the closest, Renaissance not bad. The Hyatt Place is very convenient to Total Wine and Publix, though.

Edited by geoherb

Yes, bidding in that Priceline zone should give you a hotel within walking distance to the water taxi--depending on how far you're willing to walk. The farthest away we have been is the Hyatt Place, which is about a mile away. The Marriott Marina is the closest, Renaissance not bad. The Hyatt Place is very convenient to Total Wine and Publix, though.

I think you meant the Hilton Marina.

When I walk to the water taxi I'm not lugging a suitcase. I was trying to convey that there's no shade.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

Terminal 2 is located right behind the Convention Center located at Eisenhower and 17th Street and it's tree lined all along there and the rest of the way to the Terminal. Of course the less than half a block walk from HIE past Walgreens to Eisenhower has limited shade, but that is maybe a couple hundred yards.

When I walk to the water taxi I'm not lugging a suitcase. I was trying to convey that there's no shade.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

You should trade your luggage in for one with spinner wheels, that way you can easily push it, spin it or roll it right beside or in front of you. It's so much easier because you don't have to lug it. All the weight is on the spinner wheels.

Since I'm Elite on Princess I get unlimited laundry that comes back on hangers so a carry-on bag is more than enough for a 7 day cruise.

Thanks for the info! We're good with walking so I think we will do fine at any of those hotels. Looks like crossing 17th street could be a challenge....but we will just be cautious.

Actually, I believe you can walk underneath the bridge and go under 17th Street. I'm sure I've done it, but I'm getting old and my memory plays tricks on me sometimes.

I know there are numerous threads about this. But suggestions would be helpful. Would like to stay either on 17th St., walking distance to grocery store or total wine or at the Riverside Hotel. However, we would like to be near a water taxi stop as well. Any suggestions on Priceline bidding to get one or the other locations? Will the Priceline "Name your own price" bidding for "cruise port/downtown" give me only the above options?

Thanks for any input!

Book The Pillars

It gas it's own water stop

I think you meant the Hilton Marina.
Yes, now the Hilton Marina. It was formerly the Marriott Marina when we first stayed there several years ago. Walking to pier 2 from there was not bad even with suitcases. Last month we walked from Embassy Suites to do a Bon Voyage Experience on the Regal Princess--but we did not have our suitcases with us for that. The hotel held them in a secure room until we could check in after the experience.