Dream going to be refurbished

beta98beta

Carnival Dream dry dock: 1/29/17 - 2/11/17

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

Alchemy Bar (replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)

Pizzeria del Capitano (replace Carnival Deli)

Carnival Deli will move to interior section of Lido restaurant

Guy's Burger Joint (replace Off the Grill)

Blue Iguana Cantina (replace Pizzeria)

Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (replace Oceanside Barbeque)

Bonsai Sushi

Does anyone know what the difference is between Pizzeria del Capitano and the regular Pizzeria is?

On the Vista, the regular pizza was served from the pizza section (Pirates?) aft lido and was 24 hours. Del Capitano was served out of the Cucina del Capitano and limited hours, plus some additional selections I think. Whether or not they use the same sauce and dough I can't tell you. Pizza Pirate was thin crust. Didn't try the Del Capitano.

So they are doing the same thing Magic got plus sushi. I sure wish Magic would have gotten sushi! Is Bonsai included in the cruise fare or extra?

Every ship we have been on with Bonsai is extra fee unfortunately. Did get to sample it at the taste bar though on each cruise. Seems to do very well always a crowd there, especially crew members and staff frequent it quite often.

I feel lucky with my next couple bookings. Will be on Glory just a month after she gets her new waterworks and additional slides. Also looking for ward to the new additions to dream when I take her next year.

The glory is getting waterworks? When?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Vista, the regular pizza was served from the pizza section (Pirates?) aft lido and was 24 hours. Del Capitano was served out of the Cucina del Capitano and limited hours, plus some additional selections I think. Whether or not they use the same sauce and dough I can't tell you. Pizza Pirate was thin crust. Didn't try the Del Capitano.

Pizza was 24 hours on the vista when I went in December, it was served outside on lido

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know what the difference is between Pizzeria del Capitano and the regular Pizzeria is?

Yes there is a difference I was on the vista in Dec then the dream 3 weeks later so I noticed the difference. The new one is more like the pizza you get in Italy not quite but a close cousin with blobs of melt mozzarella light sauce etc. Also the crust is thin in the middle by thicker hand tossed on the rim

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

DH and I watched the Dream head out down the Mississippi River past our house last night. She left late, around 6:30pm I think. The dream decks were all lit up, but not the whale tail. It just had it's red indicator light on the top. Kind of sad actually. Can't wait until she comes back all freshened up!