airports

esimon

We have only flown in and out of Toronto -- never used it as a connecting airport.

We have used Philadelphia as a connecting airport -- nearly missed our flight to Pittsburgh. Large and if you have any kind of a disability, the workers do not help you!! I had ordered a wheel chair -- never arrived.

My parents connected through Toronto for a cruise out of Quebec and they vowed NEVER AGAIN! Toronto doesn't participate in the same screening programs as other airports in Canada (can't remember the name of it), but it meant that they had to go through screening again and it took forever, and the Global Entry/Pre-Check was not used.

I've gotten flights from Montreal through Philadelphia, but never to. Given the experience my parents had in Toronto, I'd pick Philadelphia.

If you connect throug Toronto you have to exit security, get bags, go through immigration, recheck luggage, and go back through security.

Connect through PHL, you don't do any of that. You clear immigration in Montreal, no need to double the effort.

PHL in a heartbeat (and I hate PHL).

If you connect throug Toronto you have to exit security, get bags, go through immigration, recheck luggage, and go back through security.

Connect through PHL, you don't do any of that. You clear immigration in Montreal, no need to double the effort.

PHL in a heartbeat (and I hate PHL).

You no longer need to collect your bags in Toronto in either terminal 1 or 3 but you do need to go through security and immigration. Sometimes the immigration lines can be long.

I find it much easier to pre clear US immigration at the first airport (Montreal) and connect in The USA where you are already in the secure departure area unless there is a significant cost saving by connecting in Toronto and the connection time is sufficient.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a very stressful experience going from Montreal to Seattle via Toronto. The lines were very long and we needed to wait until our name showed up on a monitor confirming that our luggage went through security. That took a very long time and we ended up running to our plane on last minute completely stressed out. Everyone who had to wait for the luggage okay was very on edge and some missed their flights and got angry. The stressful atmosphere alone is something I don't need again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My parents connected through Toronto for a cruise out of Quebec and they vowed NEVER AGAIN! Toronto doesn't participate in the same screening programs as other airports in Canada (can't remember the name of it), but it meant that they had to go through screening again and it took forever, and the Global Entry/Pre-Check was not used.

I've gotten flights from Montreal through Philadelphia, but never to. Given the experience my parents had in Toronto, I'd pick Philadelphia.

Toronto is the pits for transferring when returning to the states. You have to walk forever, go through security again (and they aren't nice either) and then walk some more. Since you pre-clear in Toronto, if you are on the same airline for both flights the likelihood is that your gates wont be that far apart.

You no longer need to collect your bags in Toronto in either terminal 1 or 3 but you do need to go through security and immigration. Sometimes the immigration lines can be long.

I find it much easier to pre clear US immigration at the first airport (Montreal) and connect in The USA where you are already in the secure departure area unless there is a significant cost saving by connecting in Toronto and the connection time is sufficient.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to hear you no longer have to collect bags, that's a nightmare. Thanks for the heads up.

We often fly in-out of "Philly" (Phl) and actually like the airport. However, many do not realize that PHL only has a single active runway for commercial jets. As a result, any issues such as weather can really cause major delays. We would probably opt for Toronto.

Hank

I also will actively avoid Toronto for all the above reasons and go through Pitt, Philly, Washington if at all possible.

Toronto is run by a cabal that has just been renewed for the next 10 years. Awful.

Didn't have a clue so looked it up:

A cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views or interests in an ideology, state, or other community, often by intrigue, usually unbeknownst to persons outside their group

Thanks for contributing to my ever ongoing education and vocabulary, Sir!:)