Hot Sauce Ignoramus

jayscore

I'll bite.

Most of the Hot sauces are similar to the wing sauce on "medium" Hot Wings. Carnival would not put out any "nuclear" level hot sauce because of liability.

To test the spice. put a single drop on the plate (or paper) of several sauces. Taste each and pick the one that you like.

I'll bite.

Most of the Hot sauces are similar to the wing sauce on "medium" Hot Wings. Carnival would not put out any "nuclear" level hot sauce because of liability.

To test the spice. put a single drop on the plate (or paper) of several sauces. Taste each and pick the one that you like.

Good idea! The names on the bottles has me confused. Hate to say, but, I feel "rushed" when choosing with those waiting behind me.

BYOB

that is to say......

Bring your own bottle!:)

second rule of hot sauces on board

beg forgiveness not permission;)

third rule of hot sauces on board a ship

SHARE! especially if you see a fat guy wearing a cruise critic hat or a jimmy buffett t-shirt!

:D:D:D

I just picked up a bottle of the tame Louisiana bull for next weeks 5 day affair.

often on carnival in the buffett you'll see tabasco Cholula and maybe crystal

so if you want texas pete byob, trappey's, bull, or any other common brand and on our last cruise somebody brought their own home made stuff

of course we are on a "don't aks, don't tell basis here" !!! hey you can buy this stuff in every port you go to!

I'm a hick with very limited hot sauce knowledge. At the Blue Iguana Cantina, what are the various hot sauces in order of mild to nuclear?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure of the exact names, and I didn't try them all. But the one with black beans and corn was very mild, as was for some unexplained reason the pico do gallo. The tomatillo sauce had a medium kick but good flavor. And there was a red sauce supposedly with habaneros that was interesting. No fire breathing dragons, no Thai peppers (it's Mexico, not SE Asia). To me the hotter the sauce the more it overwhelms the other flavors in the food. But then chacun ses gouts.

Good idea! The names on the bottles has me confused. Hate to say, but, I feel "rushed" when choosing with those waiting behind me.

Well, after reading the "Is This You" thread, I guess my answer to that would be: There is no rule about how fast you must be when picking out hot sauces.

da da da da Texas Pete if you like a milder sauce but still kinda hot, they also make a garlic flavored sauce, a hotter one, and chicken wing sauce and some other goodies and EVERY BOTTLE of it is made right between me and BOBNC from kville

in Winston-Salem NC!

there are peeps that love tabasco, I eat it too

and crystal is good, each of others is some attempt to copy tp or tab

-------------

for the parrothead, that also likes great gumbo, check out the Sauce Boss on the internet or your local bar, HE feeds the crowd by making a pot of gumbo during every concert and he puts an entire bottle of his HABANERO, or Datil pepper sauce in each pot! ALSO if its a big show he'll use a bottle of each!!!:eek:

he also feeds the locals at homeless shelters, soup kitchens on his way round the country and funds this thru his planet gumbo website

----------------

now back to hot sauce, yummy! stay away from the bottle with the spider on it, the Carolina reaper and anyting designed for bulk cooking

if you want a really really hot sauce while in st Thomas look for TASTEE' make sure you got a carton of milk, sour cream nearby though.....

To all my followers,(HA!) The "Hot Sauce Ignoramus" will be sailing on the CCL Glory April 29, 2017!

PLEASE! Come and share my lack of "hotsausology" with me!

:rolleyes:

Edited by jayscore