Shoe Shopping

willcruiseanythyme

Ok. Don't laugh. But several years ago we stopped in San Juan while on a cruise and we ended up just walking around the shops. I found two awesome shops that sold THE CUTEST SHOES/SANDALS! We probably spent way too much time in there and walked out with 2 pairs each, ONLY because our luggage couldn't hold anymore. The prices were awesome too! My delimma is that I can't remember where the shops were in town! I remember the stores also sold women's clothing but many many styles of shoes as well! One of the shops had a 2nd story full of shoes too! Anyone know where these shops are? Maybe you've been to San Juan recently and happened by them? I'm looking for a general area...because walking that Old Town can be exhausting! Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Edited by willcruiseanythyme

Ok. Don't laugh. But several years ago we stopped in San Juan while on a cruise and we ended up just walking around the shops. I found two awesome shops that sold THE CUTEST SHOES/SANDALS! We probably spent way too much time in there and walked out with 2 pairs each, ONLY because our luggage couldn't hold anymore. The prices were awesome too! My delimma is that I can't remember where the shops were in town! I remember the stores also sold women's clothing but many many styles of shoes as well! One of the shops had a 2nd story full of shoes too! Anyone know where these shops are? Maybe you've been to San Juan recently and happened by them? I'm looking for a general area...because walking that Old Town can be exhausting! Thanks for your help!!

If it was an 'outlet' department store on many levels in central OSJ, positioned on a corner plot, next to an open pedestrian square, then it could have been Marshall's. A place of pilgrimage for the ship's crew.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marshalls/144500498920048

Edited by PORT ROYAL

If it was an 'outlet' department store on many levels in central OSJ, positioned on a corner plot, next to an open pedestrian square, then it could have been Marshall's. A place of pilgrimage for the ship's crew.

So what your saying is it's no longer there???😥 Your link wouldn't open.

I would hope to assume it wasn't "Marshall's"...there everywhere here in the US and certainly the OP being from Arizona has one in her hometown or near by. I would think the shop the OP is talking about would be specific to San Juan.

I would hope to assume it wasn't "Marshall's"...there everywhere here in the US and certainly the OP being from Arizona has one in her hometown or near by. I would think the shop the OP is talking about would be specific to San Juan.

Sorry to disappoint. But one only has knowledge of one multi floor department store in the centre of OSJ selling shoes at a competitive price point. This being Marshall's.

No doubt other CC Members will be able to give assistance with alternative stores.

• 3 weeks later...

There are several shoew storewin oSJ but I cannot remember the name of the bigvgest. have gotten sandals there in the past. If the name comes to me, I'll retuurn to this thread and post it. I had broght 3-4 pair sanals but broke the strap on one, decidedd I weanted anoyther whitye sandal so was happy to come upon that shoe store while browsing the shopping streets.

I

She has right. There has been a Mashall's in OSJ fo around 10 or so yeas.

I was in San Juan last year, and I always look for shoes when I'm there.

The OP may have been in the Rainbow store which is 2 stories and has clothes and accessories at affordable prices. I thought they had Rainbow stores everywhere in the States, but found out recently that they're not. They do have cute sandals. You would have to Google for the location because I don't know the exact street.

I think there is another store with cute sandals but can't remember the name right now, but I don't think it's 2 stories. May search Google maps if I have time to think about it.