Washing Machines? Laundry for 15 days?

hifred

We are on the 15 day Millennium sailing Dec. 24th. Other ships we have been on for 14 day or more trips have washing machines. I didn't see a laundry room on the ships diagram.

Are there washing machines on this ship?

If no has any one done a long cruise on this ship. If so what do you recommend we do about the laundry.

Thanks,

Fred

I read a good tip in Budget Travel Magazine. The writer suggested bringing a small zip loc bag or even a larger Trash or the "Laundry" bag provided in your room. For a pair of undies or something small, put them in the zip lock bag with a little shampoo and water, shake well, and then rinse. For larger load, use the larger bags, just make sure they don't have printing on them as this can sometiems transfer to fabric. I thought this was a pretty good suggestions if you just need to was a few pairs of undies or a few shirts to get you through the 15 day cruise.

Did two 14 day back to backs last year on Summit. We had to pack for three seasons. We started in Vancouver, on to Alaska, down the Pacific coast and through the Panama ending in Lauderdale. I washed delicates and t-shirts by hand and hung them discretly on chairs on my balcony. Other than that, just make sure that you have clothes that inter change. (And don't eat sloppily)

Sure wish Celeb would think about putting self serve laundry facilities on board but until they do - I just put the dirty underwear in the shower and whoever has the first shower has to hang the stuff up to dry when they finish their shower!! Having a balcony only helps if a) it's fairly warm outside and b) it's just t shirts and shorts and not UNDERWEAR!

I pack blouses and undies that can be washed in the hand basin, and then hang them from plastic LIGHTWEIGHT clothes hangers in the shower

I believe there is a pull out line attached to the wall near the shower head, underwear can just be hung on that.

I take black pants, 2 pairs usually see me through a 10-14 day cruise. I pack a nylon laundry bag for bringing home clothes that still need a wash. Almost all my evening wear things are also washable, but I do not attempt that on a cruise.

Use their laundry, you are on vacation!;)

That is exactly how we feel. Even if they had self service laundry machines, I would still utilize their laundry services. Celebrity's laundry prices are very reasonable and if you do it near the end of a cruise, you won't have to come home with suitcases filled with dirty laundry. That helps ease the transition from a cruise back to everyday life.

You call laundry service REASONABLE?!?!

They are charging per piece and I got EIGHT people on 14 DAYS cruise!!!!!

Oh no...Celebrity is not thinking of laundry rooms for us! <pout>

I am not familiar with prices in Arizona, but compared to land based laundry/dry cleaning services where I live, they are reasonable.

Hot dog!!! You got a washboard and I got a jug. All we needs is a bass man and we can have us a jug band. I can't wait until we's on stage in the Celebrity Theatre. It'll be just like the Grand Old Opry.....:rolleyes:

I'm with you, I always do my own wash at home and only about once every 10 years send something to the cleaners, so even $1.00 for undies is hard for me to swallow. I just went to the store and bought two packs of undies for my kids. 10 pairs for $6. The kids are small so the additional panties and boxer briefs don't take up that much room in the cases.

The pressing service is the one that really gets me. But usually if you hang your items in the bathroom when you shower the steam takes care of that.

You know I'm silly because I'll gladly pay $70 for a good bottle of wine, but not seven dollars for dry cleaning. I guess I'm just funny that way.

Archived