Neptune Suite Amenities questions

Jacqueline

We are sailing in the Eurodam in March and have a guarantee...

A few things...

What is the one touch 24 hour concierge and why would one call it?

Is the room service menu the same as for all the other staterooms?

Does the bar get replenished with non alcoholic beverages?

What are the things that I might not think of as a first time suite occupant?

I booked for the large balcony because I hate the chair saving business around the pool and like a bigger bathroom.

Thanks!

We are sailing in the Eurodam in March and have a guarantee...

A few things...

What is the one touch 24 hour concierge and why would one call it?

Is the room service menu the same as for all the other staterooms?

Does the bar get replenished with non alcoholic beverages?

What are the things that I might not think of as a first time suite occupant?

I booked for the large balcony because I hate the chair saving business around the pool and like a bigger bathroom.

Thanks!

Technically you don't use the one touch concierge. You call the Neptune Lounge. If the Neptune Lounge is closed the line goes to the one touch/front desk, etc.

Some people go to the Neptune Lounge to arrange things. For those who are further away, they might choose to call. For example, you might want reservations at the Pinnacle, Canaletto, etc. The Neptune Concierge acts as your "front desk, shore excursions desk, specialty restuaurant reservationist," as well as other sundry things.

The room service menu is the same BUT there has recently been a change on some ships to the breakfast menu. It is more limited. It is my understanding that this is not the case for Neptune/Pinnacle Suites.

Your bar should be replenished with non alcoholic pop. If you have a preference, mention it to your steward or even the concierge and it should be taken care of (as long as that non alcoholic beverage is part of the ship's stores). The mini bar is not free though. The prices are displayed. Don't forget that HAL lets you bring on soda, water at embarkation and any port you are at as long as you carry it on too.

First time Suite? First of all enjoy :). There will be a note in your cabin with the hours of the Neptune Lounge as well as (most likely) a note at the bottom for the Suite Reception. So be sure to read the whole note.

If you have any tender ports, you don't need a tender ticket. Just head to the tenders, your key card is your "ticket" to get off.

Depending on how long your cruise is, there may be a suite luncheon. You may also get other invites for other things. Be sure to respond. Just drop the card off to the concierge(s).

Don't forget that along with the munchies in the Neptune Lounge, if you wish to entertain you can order munchies for the afternoon (or just for yourselves). Portions are very generous.

Enjoy your balcony :)

Don't forget that along with the munchies in the Neptune Lounge, if you wish to entertain you can order munchies for the afternoon (or just for yourselves). Portions are very generous.

Enjoy your balcony :)

Ask a couple of days ahead of time if they can put together some bitterballen for you. It's amazing!

You can request a special minibar stock if you want. Just write it down and call room service. For example, if you wanted only ginger ale and Coors Light, it's possible. Just make sure to keep a record so you don't accidentally get charged for the items that are removed to make space for your extra ginger ale, etc.

You can also have the minibar emptied if you want to use it as a cooler.

• 1 year later...
So does mini bar count separate or as part of 15 day drink package?

Mini bar is not included in the 15 drink package. You will be charged for anything you consume from it.

Good to know, what about drinks ordered thru room service? And is there auto gratuity?

Drinks ordered through room service are so for your on board account - not part of the drinks package. The standard 15% is added to any drink order.

They need to be able to scan your card and that can only be done in the bars and those type of public venues (Lido, MDR, bars, etc.).

There is now an Honor Bar with wine and various spirits in the Neptune lounge starting in the afternoon - but at the same prices as other ship venues. I also believe there are complimentary mimosas when you order Neptune room service breakfasts.

We use the Neptune Lounge to wait in the mornings when the stewards come in to clean the room, if we are not planning on being out and about during that time. I love access to the small snacks that change througout the day - keeps me away from full time grazing at the Lido buffet.

Yes, be sure to open all the waiting envelopes on your cabin desk when you embark because one of them will be an invite to the special Neptune reception for that same evening. Just a short meet and greet with fellow Neptune guests but a good way to get oriented.

The huge Neptune balconies are a world apart. Hope you enjoy every moment there. There are wool lap rugs in one of the cabin cupboards if it gets a bit chilly.

I believe you can order the full dinner menu, ie like MDR, in your room. Also the breakfast menu is extended and the items that other cabins have to pay for are included in a Neptune. The lounge can do many helpful things like reservations etc. The breakfast in pinnacle. There are many other great amenities so check the website and read like laundry, coffeemaker in room, binoculars, big bathroom with two sinks, shower and tub, etc...

I believe you can order the full dinner menu, ie like MDR, in your room. Also the breakfast menu is extended and the items that other cabins have to pay for are included in a Neptune. The lounge can do many helpful things like reservations etc. The breakfast in pinnacle. There are many other great amenities so check the website and read like laundry, coffeemaker in room, binoculars, big bathroom with two sinks, shower and tub, etc...

No need for Neptune Lounge concierge to do anything with regard to suite breakfast in PInnacle. Just go o t Pi:Innacle when you are ready during the MDR hours as they are open the same hours.

It varies by ship but noT ALL Neptune Suites on all the ships have both a shower in tub as well as se;parate shower tsall.

Some ships the Suite has only a combination tub/ shower

Edited by sail7seas

We were Neptune newbies in December. The staff in the Neptune Lounge turned out to be extremely helpful and pleasant...however...No one explained the system to us as our stateroom attendants were missing in action for most of the cruise. So for the first few days we had no idea whom to call for anything from the most simple to the most complex. There was no info in the stateroom. After many, many frustrating attempts with the reception desk, we finally learned that all of our concerns, no matter how mundane, had to be filtered through the Neptune lounge staff. And even then, they sometimes told us to talk to our steward. Oh, and then we had to explain that the steward was invisible, missing in action. We finally sorted it all out. So now I know...If you need anything, a laundry bag, replenishment of the coffee supplies, more soap, dinner reservation, always, always, always call the Neptune Lounge and insist that they help you. We are back in a Neptune in July and will be fully prepared.

We were Neptune newbies in December. The staff in the Neptune Lounge turned out to be extremely helpful and pleasant...however...No one explained the system to us as our stateroom attendants were missing in action for most of the cruise. So for the first few days we had no idea whom to call for anything from the most simple to the most complex. There was no info in the stateroom. After many, many frustrating attempts with the reception desk, we finally learned that all of our concerns, no matter how mundane, had to be filtered through the Neptune lounge staff. And even then, they sometimes told us to talk to our steward. Oh, and then we had to explain that the steward was invisible, missing in action. We finally sorted it all out. So now I know...If you need anything, a laundry bag, replenishment of the coffee supplies, more soap, dinner reservation, always, always, always call the Neptune Lounge and insist that they help you. We are back in a Neptune in July and will be fully prepared.

While the Neptune staff can help you with those simple things, I find it just easier to leave a short note on the bed for the cabin steward. It works every time.

Insist that they help you? Our experience with the NL staff has always been that they're eager to help, and we never had to insist or ask for anything more than once. We don't need much, and I sometimes feel that I'm letting them down by not giving them more to do. If it's something a steward can handle, we'll ask the steward.

I agree that there should be better information. There used to be a welcome letter in your suite telling you about the suite amenities and what the concierges can do for you. We didn't have that last time (K'dam), but I didn't say anything because we already knew what to expect.

. . . No one explained the system to us as our stateroom attendants were missing in action for most of the cruise.
I hope the cabin steward cleaned your room.

We start the cruise w/ a list for the cabin steward, and also leave them notes during the cruise if needed. But w/ our list, they hit the ground running.

I've read the suite description at HAL.com, and they don't mention the Afternoon tea or Canapes. Have they been discontinued?

Any free alcohol? On Royal Caribbean, the concierge lounge came w/ free alcohol during cocktail hour.

I hope the cabin steward cleaned your room.

We start the cruise w/ a list for the cabin steward, and also leave them notes during the cruise if needed. But w/ our list, they hit the ground running.

I've read the suite description at HAL.com, and they don't mention the Afternoon tea or Canapes. Have they been discontinued?

Any free alcohol? On Royal Caribbean, the concierge lounge came w/ free alcohol during cocktail hour.

The only free alcohol in the lounge is sparkling wine on embarkation day.

Insist that they help you? Our experience with the NL staff has always been that they're eager to help, and we never had to insist or ask for anything more than once. We don't need much, and I sometimes feel that I'm letting them down by not giving them more to do. If it's something a steward can handle, we'll ask the steward.

I agree that there should be better information. There used to be a welcome letter in your suite telling you about the suite amenities and what the concierges can do for you. We didn't have that last time (K'dam), but I didn't say anything because we already knew what to expect.

While overall we found the NL staff to be helpful, we were brushed off by them more than once when they told us to ask our cabin steward who had told us to ask the Neptune Lounge staff. Sort of an endless loop of unfulfilled requests. The result was that I gently insisted for help, all over the need for more coffee supplies and another laundry bag. Oh well. We are returning to the Neptune in July.

While overall we found the NL staff to be helpful, we were brushed off by them more than once when they told us to ask our cabin steward who had told us to ask the Neptune Lounge staff. Sort of an endless loop of unfulfilled requests. The result was that I gently insisted for help, all over the need for more coffee supplies and another laundry bag. Oh well. We are returning to the Neptune in July.

Sorry to read about your unsatisfactory experience with the Neptune Lounge concierges and your cabin stewards. As mentioned by others here, I frequently communicate with the cabin attendants by leaving them notes. You can also communicate via the "How Are We Doing?" note cards that are to be found on the desk in your stateroom, fill one out with your concerns, and turn it in at the front desk. Don't be hesitant to ask for what you need, you are the customer after all. Sometimes the staff simply get busy and overwhelmed, but there is no excuse for not providing you with the basics that have been promised in HAL's advertising. Do read any mail that you find on your desk or bed, as mentioned by 3rd Generation Cunarder, this is the primary means of communication between the ship's hotel staff and the passengers. If you are still continuing to have issues, ask to speak to the "Guest Relations Manager" on board the ship. That will usually get you some attention pronto.

(As an aside, the Neptune Lounge concierges are from the Philippines, the cabin stewards from Indonesia. I have found it helpful to learn a few words of Tagalog (Philippines) and Bahasa Indonesia to express my thanks for any help rendered. "Salamat Po" ( sah lah maht po) is "thank you" in Tagalog, "Terima Kasih" ( tree mah kass eee) is "thank you" in Bahasa.)

Good luck to you the next go-round.

Question - where was your cabin located (on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge or another deck)? I have found that the cabin stewards on the other decks not always being "up to speed" on the Neptune amenities and sometimes communications are not always handled well. I suspect this is because they have Neptune and non-Neptune cabins, but this is just my guess.