Embarkation lunch?

Dunk

Sailing on the Oosterdam next month. Does the dining room offer an embarkation lunch?

Yes. There is lunch in the Lido and on most cruises the MDR is open as well.

No worries, lots of food onboard :)

Holland America serves the same MDR lunch on their Caribbean cruises for an entire season.

Scroll down to the second menu on the following link to see the MDR lunch menu for Embarkation Day:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Car-11d-Embarkation-Day.pdf

One variation was on our Christmas Eurodam cruise, they had the best Ham and Bean Soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holland America serves the same MDR lunch on their Caribbean cruises for an entire season.

Scroll down to the second menu on the following link to see the MDR lunch menu for Embarkation Day:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Car-11d-Embarkation-Day.pdf

Do you know if that Vegan Menu is on the Eurodam/7 Day Sailing? It looks significantly better than the pre-order menu if this is something new.

The Eurodam has two menu cycles, A and B. Depending on which day you embark, the lunch menu will be either Day 1 Set A, or Day 1 Set B. It's supposed to be the same for the Nieuw Amsterdam,which also uses a rotating 7 day cycle.

If you are interested in the menus, let me know and I'll post them.

Do you know if that Vegan Menu is on the Eurodam/7 Day Sailing? It looks significantly better than the pre-order menu if this is something new.

I did not see the Vegan Menu but was provided it by the Dining Room Manager. It appears that you must ask for it.

Not sure if it will be on the Eurodam.

I did not see the Vegan Menu but was provided it by the Dining Room Manager. It appears that you must ask for it.

Not sure if it will be on the Eurodam.

The Eurodam had pretty much the same vegan menu. It wasn't in the big package of menus that I received on the memory stick, which meant that I would have had to hunt down vegan menus and scan them. Since vegans are generally opposed to hunting, I decided to skip that. Mostly though, I was being a little lazy. We only had a week on the ship and there's only so much time available.

My understanding is that there is also a pescetarian menu.

Edited by POA1

Yes, but pescetarian is vegetarian + fish/seafood. So you couldn't have pancetta or chicken stock.

Ack okay so what you're saying is that if we're pescatarian we need to be especially careful to ask what's in even the fish/seafood dishes. Good point!

Ack okay so what you're saying is that if we're pescatarian we need to be especially careful to ask what's in even the fish/seafood dishes. Good point!

I'd imagine that pescetarians are already used to that, but yes.

To be honest, it is something I've gotten out of practice about. I think it is an issue more so when there are sauces and such, dishes I tend to avoid day-to-day. Also, especially since the augmentations tend to be pork, they're almost always mentioned in the description of the dish in the menu. Even here in Georgia, I can recall only one seafood dish in the last year that I had to decline because it had some kind of meat product in it (that I could detect, of course) that wasn't mentioned in the menu.