Info needed for Boston hotel & worth arriving a few days early?

bigsky

sounds good - will follow your advice, thank you!

you all are so very helpful, and if you think of anything else that you would recommend (specific sites, restaurants, etc.), pls. feel free to email me personally : lap3333 at Hotmail - or post here, I'll check back.

thanks again.

Lynn

sounds good - will follow your advice, thank you!

you all are so very helpful, and if you think of anything else that you would recommend (specific sites, restaurants, etc.), pls. feel free to email me personally : lap3333 at Hotmail - or post here, I'll check back.

thanks again.

Lynn

For Lexington and Concord look at the Minuteman National Historical Park - https://www.nps.gov/mima/index.htm

Also Walden Pond and museums - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60901-Activities-Concord_Massachusetts.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g41643-Activities-Lexington_Massachusetts.html

I second the recommendation for Minuteman National Park in Concord. And downtown Concord is fun to walk around afterwards. If you are looking for a quick bite to eat the Main Street Market is a cute little place. If you are looking for something more formal the Colonial Inn is very typical old New England (even has a couple of 1700's ghosts from what I have heard.....)

There is less to see in Lexington than in Concord so if you are going to do one of the two my vote would be for Concord.

There is a ton to do in Salem. The Witch Museum is really interesting - that would be my top recommendation as it is something you can't see anywhere else. Other things to do are the House of Seven Gables (a friend of mine used to be the curator there so we have visited several times and find it interesting) and the Historical Maritime Park. Salem is also a great place for just walking around and people watching. If you like seafood, Turners is always a good choice for dinner.

About Salem. There are actual people who believe themselves to be witches and warlock and there are shops which sell the ingredients to make magic potions. If you're there at night there are ghost finding and graveyard tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard that the night tours in Salem are a lot of fun. It if you go at night be very careful where you walk around because the neighborhoods csn change very quickly from a cool tourist area to places that I wouldn't want to be a tourist walking around at night.