Anyone cruise over Easter? ? More kids? Same??

Pier290

Haha...was going to say - wouldn't YOU know by now? :D Fear not - we cruised starting on Easter Sunday last year and there were definitely more kids sailing than usual...although I'm sure still fewer than RC, Norwegian and Carnival would have.

Edited by Flafun888

We like to do the two-week Easter cruise on Eclipse each year. There are more kids than on other Celebrity cruises we have taken but no where near what you would see on Royal Caribbean, another cruise line we have sailed at Easter.

On Easter Day the chefs have lots of chocolate Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies in the buffet for the kids (and grown-up kids like myself.)

We like to do the two-week Easter cruise on Eclipse each year. There are more kids than on other Celebrity cruises we have taken but no where near what you would see on Royal Caribbean, another cruise line we have sailed at Easter.

On Easter Day the chefs have lots of chocolate Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies in the buffet for the kids (and grown-up kids like myself.)

Good to know!! Thx so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We were on an 11 night cruise on the Equinox a couple of years ago over Easter. There were about 35 kids between the ages of 3 and 12 on the ship. On Easter Sunday, they had someone dress up in a Easter Bunny costume and had a parade following him up to the grass where they had an Easter egg hunt. After that, in the sky lounge they had an Easter party with face painting, games and other activities for the kids.

Celebrity went out of their way to make it very enjoyable.

We are sailing on Eclipse April 4th. We disembark on Easter Sunday. As we're taking our 5year old grandson we're hoping there will be more children of a similar age.

Anyone out there with children going on it? All adults on the roll call.

We were on an 11 night cruise on the Equinox a couple of years ago over Easter. There were about 35 kids between the ages of 3 and 12 on the ship. On Easter Sunday, they had someone dress up in a Easter Bunny costume and had a parade following him up to the grass where they had an Easter egg hunt. After that, in the sky lounge they had an Easter party with face painting, games and other activities for the kids.

This is so wonderful to hear! My kids will be thrilled. Thank u for the info!!

We are going on the 10 night Equinox over Easter in April....

Two years ago, I cruised for seven nights on Silhouette and last year we did a ten night cruise on Equinox- both were Easter cruises. There were more children on the shorter cruise, but we certainly did not feel that the ship was overrun with them. On the Equinox, there were a number of infants/toddlers/children in the under five demographic. There were very few school age children and most were European. We had no issues with all the elevator buttons being pushed or kids running up and down the halls or blocking stairwells.

• 3 months later...

For those who went around Easter this year - were there any kids in the 9-10-11 year-old range,at least that you noticed? Spring Break for most South Fla. school kids is the week before Easter and we are looking at various cruises that week in March 2018, including Equinox and Silhouette. My son will be 10 and would be fine as long as there are some kids his age range, and by some I mean five or six.

For those who went around Easter this year - were there any kids in the 9-10-11 year-old range,at least that you noticed? Spring Break for most South Fla. school kids is the week before Easter and we are looking at various cruises that week in March 2018, including Equinox and Silhouette. My son will be 10 and would be fine as long as there are some kids his age range, and by some I mean five or six.

My son was 10 (1 week from 11) on Silhouette this year in April and there were lots of "Ensigns" the 9 to 11 group onboard. I don't know how many since I was never at the club..he checked himself in, but he kept saying "hi" to the other kids on board. To be fair, just our family have 8 kids under 15 on board and 3 of them between 9-11.

We did Panama Canal full transit in April, which included Easter Sunday. There were some children aboard, but not many, and the ones we saw were mostly European and exceedingly well mannered and behaved. I think you're more likely to see families on shorter cruises to the Caribbean because most school districts either start with Good Friday or end with Easter Monday.

My son was 10 (1 week from 11) on Silhouette this year in April and there were lots of "Ensigns" the 9 to 11 group onboard. I don't know how many since I was never at the club..he checked himself in, but he kept saying "hi" to the other kids on board. To be fair, just our family have 8 kids under 15 on board and 3 of them between 9-11.

Thanks for the reply. I assume the kids your son was saying hello to were not his relatives, which is encouraging to me that he made friends in the kids club. As I said mine should be fine as long as there are a few other kids there. We would probably take him with us on port days other than maybe Key West where we might not get off the ship since we have driven there more times than we can count. But he's old enough to participate in excursions/off ship activities at GC, CM and Cozumel so I'm really looking at evenings and sea days and it sounds like he'd be OK.

We sailed over Easter this year, on a 10-night cruise. I think there were about a dozen kids in that age range at the talent show on the last day. There could have been even more in that group who didn't actually attend that specific event. Enjoy your cruise!

We sailed over Easter this year, on a 10-night cruise. I think there were about a dozen kids in that age range at the talent show on the last day. There could have been even more in that group who didn't actually attend that specific event. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the reply. My son doesn't need hundreds of kids, but having a few in the kids club to play video games with and the like will keep him occupied when we aren't doing family things. And you are right that there were probably more that did not participate in the talent show.

A talent show . . . I wonder if mine would do that . . .

Thanks for the reply. I assume the kids your son was saying hello to were not his relatives, which is encouraging to me that he made friends in the kids club. As I said mine should be fine as long as there are a few other kids there. We would probably take him with us on port days other than maybe Key West where we might not get off the ship since we have driven there more times than we can count. But he's old enough to participate in excursions/off ship activities at GC, CM and Cozumel so I'm really looking at evenings and sea days and it sounds like he'd be OK.

Yeah they were not his cousins. On our 7 days cruise, there were only 2 sea days. We took him to all the excursions so mostly he only spent evenings at the club. They have some kind of reward program where you get points to spend. Our son got a bunch of goodies (celebrity backpack, celebrity sunglasses, etc..) he was very happy. BTW, my son loves Qusine. He just asked me yesterday.. "if we go back to cruise, can we go back to Qusine again?"

Yeah they were not his cousins. On our 7 days cruise, there were only 2 sea days. We took him to all the excursions so mostly he only spent evenings at the club. They have some kind of reward program where you get points to spend. Our son got a bunch of goodies (celebrity backpack, celebrity sunglasses, etc..) he was very happy. BTW, my son loves Qusine. He just asked me yesterday.. "if we go back to cruise, can we go back to Qusine again?"

No Qsine on Equinox, at least according to Celebrity's website, but I'm sure mine will find something similar that he likes. And we are fans of free goodies . . . "free" being a relative term.

The cruise I'm looking at is also 2 sea days. We might stay on the ship in Key West too but we'll see. I'll try and remember to report back how it goes.