Constellation Dry Dock

rs12065

Does anyone have any information as to when the Constellation might be going into Dry Dock? We are considering cruising on her in October, 2017 and I have read several reviews of recent cruises that indicated that the Connie is in need of TLC.

I believe Connie goes into drydock this spring - after she is through in the Far East. We were on her this past spring & we will join her again mid-March. Had a fabulous cruise on the Connie & looking forward to the upcoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is around 12th may for 2 weeks. We are joining her on 26th may straight after the dry dock.

I don't take a lot of notice to all the negatives about Connie I think some people are only happy when they are moaning. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

We also join her on the 26th after she comes out of dry dock

I see from your signature that you sailed on Constellation last year so you will be in a good position to notice the changes/improvements made in dry dock. Would really appreciate if you could post after your May cruise on her. We will be sailing on her for the first time later this year and would be very interested to hear what condition she is in.

I see from your signature that you sailed on Constellation last year so you will be in a good position to notice the changes/improvements made in dry dock. Would really appreciate if you could post after your May cruise on her. We will be sailing on her for the first time later this year and would be very interested to hear what condition she is in.

Happy too but it may not be until towards end of June when we finally get home

Happy too but it may not be until towards end of June when we finally get home

Oh my goodness, there's no rush whatsoever. We would be very grateful for whatever information you can provide whenever you get around to it after the cruise. I know it always takes me a while to get back into the swing of real life! Thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise :).

As said above she will enter drydock May 12th.

We were on Constellation in October and will sail on her again in March.

Our cruise in October had some MINOR glitches - things never experienced before which really surprised us. However, none of them had anything to do with the condition of the ship itself.

To put it in other words: the hardware was OK, it was the software which had some problems.

Edited by Miaminice

As said above she will enter drydock May 12th.

We were on Constellation in October and will sail on her again in March.

Our cruise in October had some MINOR glitches - things never experienced before which really surprised us. However, none of them had anything to do with the condition of the ship itself.

To put it in other words: the hardware was OK, it was the software which had some problems.

I notice you have done some interesting reviews of previous cruises. Are you by any chance planning one for your Constellation cruise last October?

I notice you have done some interesting reviews of previous cruises. Are you by any chance planning one for your Constellation cruise last October?

Yes I am! In fact I am working on it... unfortunately I am so busy at work at the moment (we still have to finance our cruise addiction) that I am worried I won´t finish the review of that cruise before the next one :-(

However, the "glitches" I mentioned above will not be mentioned in the review. We enjoy every cruise and small things will not impair the overall feeling of our cruises. So we try and hope that our reviews reflect our joy of cruising rather than spoil it by mentioning minor issues or complaints.

IMHO that happens way too often.

However, the "glitches" I mentioned above will not be mentioned in the review. We enjoy every cruise and small things will not impair the overall feeling of our cruises. So we try and hope that our reviews reflect our joy of cruising rather than spoil it by mentioning minor issues or complaints.

That's a good attitude to have :).

We will be on her in April before the dry dock, and back on in June so will see what has been done! We were last on Connie last summer and had a great cruise! I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews out there,I know she's an older ship but we've always found the staff are some of the best! Dianne