Ruby princess Share specialty dinning

esper10

Hi all, I was thinking of booking dinner at the Share restaurant at the Ruby. It is $39.00 PP. I was wondering how is the food? Do you recommend it? And do they have tables for 2 any feedback would be appreciated it. Thanks

Hi all, I was thinking of booking dinner at the Share restaurant at the Ruby. It is $39.00 PP. I was wondering how is the food? Do you recommend it? And do they have tables for 2 any feedback would be appreciated it. Thanks

They have tables for two, no problem.

The service is good.

Beyond that, there is a wide range of opinion. I prefer Crown Grill.

Some others will tell how much they like the food. For me, the food is just OK. I like the buffet food better. But you will hear other opinions.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

Yes, they have tables for 2.

We were on the Ruby in November and did the Share's wine tasting as well as at Shares. We really enjoyed both. In fact, we've booked the Ruby again just because we wanted to go to Shares again.

There are many threads regarding Shares. There are those that love it and those that hate it. I found it to be a wonderful dinner experience. I didn't leave feeling sick to my stomach from over eating either. I thought the food was delicious and the service was excellent. We were a party of 9 so we had the huge table off to the side, it was great. The smaller tables themselves are not super comfortable (We used those for the wine tasting). It's more of a "modern" decorative theme, and not the most comfortable, in my opinion. I'm still going with a party or 4 or 2 next time we are on the Ruby!! I can't wait.

Head up there when you board and see if they will let you pick your table when you book dinner there. :)

Most comments on Share have been negative. On our last cruise on the Ruby, I had to try it for myself. Had to force wife to go after looking at the menu. (Why waste our money she cried!) Well guess what? It turned out to be probably the best meal we have ever had on any cruise we have been on. Table for 2 was no problem. The menu had just been changed and the server knew it inside and out. The food and its presentation were simply amazing! Flavors were mind blowing! The decor of the restaurant is fresh and modern. Don't let the $39 cover turn you off. It's worth every penny.

Just got off the Ruby Princess January 28th. I can't agree more with "pro76" and "jennybenny". Share was by far the best "fine dining" experience on any cruise we have been on thus far (17). I hand it to Princess for stepping out of the box and going for something truly different.

From the beginning to the end the experience was wonderful. We loved the décor and ambience of the venue, including the lighting, which some people might not like because it is a bit brighter than you would expect but my DH loved that aspect. The service was impeccable, the timing of serving each course was perfect. This is a 6 course meal so timing in my opinion is very important.

At the completion of the meal the chef stops by to introduce himself which I though was a nice touch.

We also did the wine tasting which was at 11:30 (lunch) and each wine (5) is served with a different course on the menu and the pairing was exceptional. We have attended many wine tastings on past Princess cruises and again this one was by far the best experience we have had.

A truly wonderful dining experience that I will definitely do again and again and hope will be introduced to the entire fleet.

Laura

Edited by tradingspaces

SHARE was not a good experience for us!

Bright lighting and hard wooden tables -- rather like trying to have dinner in a public library!

Food was served on the cooler side of lukewarm.

Our waiter told us it was being served at the proper temperature. :rolleyes:

We wouldn't care to go back to SHARE again even if it were free. :(

Edited by OCruisers

I am a big fan of SHARE. On our October cruise on the Ruby, we dined there three evenings. If you do try it, please come back here and report on your experience. They changed the menu the week after our cruise, and I have yet to see anybody give any detailed information on their experience with the new menu. While I enjoyed the old menu (over three evenings we tried everything), I think the new menu looks superior.

Some other comments.

• The room is quite under-utilized. At no time was it ever more than about 30% full in any of our visits. Of course, from my point of view, the benefit to us was that we received superior service.
  • If you enjoy wine with your meal, SHARE has its own wine list. I think it is superior to that of the other rooms--and, believe it or not, it has some outstanding values.
  • We sat at a 2-top every evening. The 2-tops are quite comfortable and large. Three people could comfortably dine on one of them. Four people would be crowded.

Have a great cruise.

I created a video merging all my foodie pictures from Share.

I also wrote a review on my blog if you want to take a read.

That looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My husband and I really enjoyed our dining experience at Share on the Ruby last November. The food was very good. The table by the window for 2 was wonderful and so was the service. Share did not have bright lighting when we were there. It was low lit. We had poor to fair service in the MDR with food nothing to write home about on both our October and November Ruby cruise, so Share was a welcome change! We also enjoyed the Crown Grill.

• 1 month later...
I created a video merging all my foodie pictures from Share.

I also wrote a review on my blog if you want to take a read.

I have been obsessed with Princess food videos lately. Yours is beautiful! I've been wondering about Share and have read the menu, but wasn't too sure. Seeing your gorgeous photos helps get a feel for what the experience would be like.