Tampa Information

tamilyn

I can't find much on the departures board, so I thought I would ask here. Looking for a good hotel to stay for a couple of nights pre-cruise in Tampa. Are there some nice ones close to the port? Would like something with a nice pool since we will be there a couple of days and won't have a car. Somewhere with some good restaurants within walking distance? Any suggestions?

I just stayed at the Marriott water front. The hotel was very nice you are down town lots to do in walking distance. I also just walked to the terminal. It's about a 5 minute walk down the water front walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a pool?

I would stay on Clearwater Beach if you are there for two nights. We live here and there is just a ton of stuff to do on the beach. The downtown hotels are nice but not a whole lot going on down there. It is only about 45 min. to the port and probably shorter drive on the weekend.

I would stay on Clearwater Beach if you are there for two nights. We live here and there is just a ton of stuff to do on the beach. The downtown hotels are nice but not a whole lot going on down there. It is only about 45 min. to the port and probably shorter drive on the weekend.

Thank you! Any hotel recommendations?

Sand Pearl is the best but pricey. We stay at the Hilton by the pier because we have the honors points and it is close to the action.

The Opal Sands is new and really nice but on the south end not in the middle of the action. I would just do the Hilton, the price should be right and there is lots to do and see in both directions.

Forgot to mention we were at the Hilton in November and they were building two brand new pools, they looked really nice. I am sure they must be complete by now, maybe you can call and ask.

Cab or Uber from airport to beach and then back to port will be a few bucks but way worth it. If you were just one night pre cruise I would say downtown at the Marriott or Embassy but for two nights do Clearwater Beach and get the experience.

I would consider downtown St. Petersburg. Many great things to do within walking distance- parks, waterfront, restaurants, shops, museums. For hotels with pools check the Vinoy (pricy but awesome) or the Hilton. You can even take the Central Avenue trolly out the beach if you are so inclined.

If you want to be near the port, the best choices are the Marriott and Embassy Suites. There is also a Hilton. All have pools and are within a mile or so of the Port.

Check to see what is going on while you are in town. Downtown Tampa has a lot to offer, including a river walk and great water views. If you like hockey, you might be able to catch a Lightning game, the arena is easy walking distance from the downtown hotels. There is an incredible aquarium that is also within walking distance.

There might be a show or concert at the Straz, Amalie Arena or the Tampa Theatre. Or hop on the trolley and check out historic Ybor City. By day, it is calm. At night, it is lively and can get wild. Plan a meal at the Columbia.

I love Clearwater Beach but that involves more logistics and is likely more costly. As an alternative, check out the Rocky Point hotels. Near the airport with good restaurant choices. Check out Bahama Breeze and Aqua. Probably a $25 cab ride to the port, less for Uber.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello, my Wife and I aren't getting into Tampa until 10pm Friday the night before the cruise leaves on Saturday. We'll need a ride from airport to a hotel and then hotel to ship? More suggestions please? Really will just be sleeping overnight so don't need a fancy hotel just a convenient one.Thanks

Hello, my Wife and I aren't getting into Tampa until 10pm Friday the night before the cruise leaves on Saturday. We'll need a ride from airport to a hotel and then hotel to ship? More suggestions please? Really will just be sleeping overnight so don't need a fancy hotel just a convenient one.Thanks

You may also want to ask this on the Florida Departures forum, where you will likely get more ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495