Carnival Horizon.. now booking... which sailing?!?!?!?!?

mixedbruhnmd

We were so excited to see Horizon come to the Northeast. Then we saw the prices!! For Summer sailings it's $4900 for 4 (wife and 2 kids) squishing into an inside cabin!!! No thanks. The Pride was $1500 cheaper. I know it's a new ship but that's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many of us sailed on the Vista in Europe and the TA (I spent 33 days on her). There was a lot of talk and rumors about the Horizon possibly doing some Baltic cruises and a Northern TA. Many were disappointed with the Horizon itineraries, but for those that can sail anytime of the year and haven't been to Europe, I'm sure they will have great cruises. I, personally, liked the Vista, and was ready to book the Horizon, had the itineraries been different.

Since Horizon is sister to the Vista, I don't think you will see as much hype as you did the Vista. It was a brand new class of ship.

Where is all of the hype behind Carnival's newest lady?

I find it "interesting".

There are only a couple good Europe itineraries. I find some people who only cruise Carnival, and are waiting - are also shooting themselves in the foot. :) There are multiple cruise lines out there that have far more options at way better prices- which I take advantage of. I did get 2 Horizon bookings, but- you'll also see me in Europe - multiple times on other lines. Not loyal to Carnival.

We were so excited to see Horizon come to the Northeast. Then we saw the prices!! For Summer sailings it's $4900 for 4 (wife and 2 kids) squishing into an inside cabin!!! No thanks. The Pride was $1500 cheaper. I know it's a new ship but that's ridiculous.

I'm also looking to book in Aug 2018.. An the price is a bit discouraging for a family of 4. I would love the Family Harbor Cove Balcony... I guess I have over a year to save!

• 3 months later...
I.m also from Maryland just booked the April 29 sailing to Europe also will have one of the new cabins Havana Cabana can't wait to try it.

also on same cruise, never been on that large of a ship or been to Spain, 2 bonuses for me.

Wait a year.

We had sailed on the Vista out of NY for 11 days over Thanksgiving, there were over 150 Diamond members on board, and probably 700 Platinums. The longer "inaugural" (and Journey) cruises attract the more experienced Carnival cruisers, and sailing out of my home port is a big plus as well.

We booked the Horizon for one of its NY sailings and I'm sailing for the ship, not the ports. This time we decided on a spa balcony, maybe on the next Carnival build we'll go for the Havana set up. I'll probably stay on board in San Juan (been there so many times, land and sea) and Amber Cove ( I dislike that part of DR, prefer Punta Cana) and just stretch my legs going down to Jacks Shack in Grand Turk. That will make 6 sea days out of 7 days.

There is something about a relatively new ship I find intriguing and I don't get that feeling when I sail my usual Conquest class ships.

We are excited to go on the Horizon for one of the European cruises. We are in a Family Harbor Ocean View room. Will be interesting to see how that room compares to the other along with access to the family lounge. I'm on the April 15 sailing and not a lot of activity so far for this sailing on the role call section.

I think the hype has died down because this isn't the first ship in its class, the vista got all the hype and it is also a year away. It may pick up. I live in MD to but I have picked a sailing from Miami.

I'd love to go on one of the longer cruises but we have a baby at home. We are going to go on the four-day Bermuda cruise from New York on the horizon in September 2018. So excited!

If the price goes down in line with the Pride we will probably try it eventually. We would love if they added Bermuda to a longer 7/8 night cruise or just a straight 7-day Bermuda cruise.

If the price goes down in line with the Pride we will probably try it eventually. We would love if they added Bermuda to a longer 7/8 night cruise or just a straight 7-day Bermuda cruise.

I agree! I have not tried the Vista bc it was so expensive being brand new. We're only trying the horizon bc it's our 10yr anniversary and the timing and departure port just work out so perfectly for us. Hoping to go on a 7/8 Vista cruise in 2019, perhaps the prices will be lower then.