Uber at FLL

colesc15

I'll be using uber for the first time in March and have a few questions. Our flight lands in Fort Lauderdale and our hotel is in Miami with my group we're meeting. Can I just go outside the airport and use the uber app and they'll pick me up?? Where do I go outside the airport? I'm assuming from there they will take us to the hotel in Miami. I'm thinking uber x because it's only two of us with 4 pieces of luggage. The next morning we'll use uber from the hotel to port of miami.

After the cruise I plan on using uber from Port of Miami to FLL airport, will this work as well??

I'll be using uber for the first time in March and have a few questions. Our flight lands in Fort Lauderdale and our hotel is in Miami with my group we're meeting. Can I just go outside the airport and use the uber app and they'll pick me up?? Where do I go outside the airport? I'm assuming from there they will take us to the hotel in Miami. I'm thinking uber x because it's only two of us with 4 pieces of luggage. The next morning we'll use uber from the hotel to port of miami.

After the cruise I plan on using uber from Port of Miami to FLL airport, will this work as well??

I took a cab from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel and it cost me $80. I won't do that again. When I got off the vista at the POM. I used the uber app when I got outside with my luggage. There were plenty around the port. I was assigned a VW Tiguan. The driver called me right away and told me to go to the second curb where the pre arranged pick up was. Walked to the curb and within 3 minutes he was there. It only cost us $37 from POM to FLL and that included tolls and fees. There was also an option for a shared ride from the port for $21 but I went with the uber x. This was my first time with uber and I was definitely impressed and will use them again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used Uber at FLL, Southwest Terminal #1 and they picked us up outside the terminal to the right, just ask any porter. Once we got at that point I called for Uber, took 10 minutes. To the beach was around $15. To Miami go online and request a quote for UberX to your hotel for cost. You can also do the same for hotel to port. Love Uber, nice drivers and vehicles, since they own them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will uber x fit two adults and 4 bags?

How big are the bags?

Typical Uber is a Toyota Camry or Prius or comparable sized vehicles, but I've had everything from a king-cab pickup to a Honda Fit. You should be okay, but may have to put carry-on bags on a seat or in your lap.

If 1 or 2 of your bags are the huge size, then go for the larger XL. Smartly, some drivers at airports, will call and ask about your luggage count/size so they don't drive over and can't fit you.

At another airport, we recently had a driver arrive at the curb and say he wouldn't take any luggage inside his car. So we had to cancel and reorder. We let him know he needs to call the passengers ahead of time instead of wasting his and our time.:rolleyes:

We also have not used Uber before. We will have a group of 6 (4 adults and 2 children) along with at least 6 pieces of luggage and carry on. Would Uber work for our group of should we use a shuttle? I would think that there is not enough space to fit all of us plus luggage. :o

We also have not used Uber before. We will have a group of 6 (4 adults and 2 children) along with at least 6 pieces of luggage and carry on. Would Uber work for our group of should we use a shuttle? I would think that there is not enough space to fit all of us plus luggage. :o

Two UberX might fit all 6 plus bags, or you might not.:( Where are you going from and to? :confused: From FLL area hotels to POM a shared shuttle would handle all plus bags riding together (plus a few other cruisers) for about $15 per person.

That is what I was afraid of. Uber will not be able to take all of us in one car. We are landing in Orlando (MCO) and heading to Port Canaveral the day before our cruise. I will look into a shuttle service such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Thanks.

That is what I was afraid of. Uber will not be able to take all of us in one car. We are landing in Orlando (MCO) and heading to Port Canaveral the day before our cruise. I will look into a shuttle service such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Thanks.

Look into UberSUV, 7 passengers plus luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cortrans and Travelynx are two other options. For that many traveling together you might be better off with private transport from Executive VIP. Another option is to rent a van one-way from MCO to PC - give you the flex to stay, dine and shop the night before your cruise. All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port.

what kind of uber would your recommend for 4 adults with 4 bags? Thanks.

You'll need UberXL - typically a mid/large SUV or minivan; compare the rate for UberXL with standard cab fare -- the SUV/minivan taxis charge the same as the standard cabs, but you may need to wait a couple of minutes for one to come to the front of the cab line at the airport.

Not familiar with Uber but kids use it all the time.

We are travelling from Canada and wondering about how to order - we won't have US data so can we use airport wifi to call Uber (we know we want XL - 3 adults plus luggage) ?

does the driver always call you? If so this would mean long distance charges on the phone? Otherwise we will have to investigate getting some sort of data/phone plan for US???

I've had some drivers call, but more often they will text asking for exact location & how to spot you in the crowd (the neon pink Hawaiian shirt that stands out in DC just blends in with the crowd in south FLA :rolleyes:).

One last point on Uber. They always have a referral promotion going for first time riders. Get the promo code of an existing rider and both get $10-$15 off their next ride.

If you need a promo code, use mine. [emoji41]

6y3g9

Neal