Independent Cruise Ship Tours

Iceman-007

There are some small Mayan ruins on Cozumel - you can get there by taxi. Some like them, IMHO they are not worth your time. Do some homework and make the call.

Otherwise you'll need to book a ship tour to see the ruins at Tulumn, Coba, etc. These will involve a 45+ minute ferry to Playa del Carmen, and then a bus ride to the ruins. You are likely to spend more time traveling to/from than at the ruins - your call. I would only do this through the ship - too many transportation variable to trust an independent tour operator.

Read these boards, trip advisor, and a guide book from your local library and come back with some specific questions board members can help with. ;)

I am not sure what I want to do , I know not snorkeling. It would cool to see the Tulum Mayan ruins. I not too sure what there is to do on the island.

This is a very active forum (unlike some) with many regular posters. Suggest you take a look down the first couple if pages and see if anything appeals to you and then you can ask more specific questions.

Tulum, and any if the other major ruins, are on the mainland which will require ferry and bus transport. strongly suggest any mainland excursions are only taken through the ship (especially if you are docking at Puerta Maya or International) unless you simply want to spend the day in Playa.