Sun Princess

Cruisemagpie

Gwendy you are being na?ve I am sorry to say.

We take Sanitizer and Dettol hand wash with us and use it.

Have cruised for many years since with my late parents as a child, not in all those times have we been sick.

You saying we were sick because we do not wash our hands having been to the toilet I take offence to. That simple is not true. I am an Elite member too.

The last cruise was on the Sun and the only time in all those years have we been sick.

The only difference in this cruise to the last cruises was I used tap water to clean my teeth, I usually use the bottle water to clean my teeth.

Please re read my comments, until All people practice safe hygiene, not you personally. When you have nothing better to do stand for 10 mins in a public toilet and watch how many people do not wash hands. Well over20 cruises, on various lines, use hand sanitiser, goes with me everywhere, always use bottled water for everything, take my own filter bottle. Touch wood no problems so far.

I do believe in some of the ports, the hygiene is not of a good standard and if you are not prepared, ie own toilet paper, sanitisers etc you can get problems.

I remember on Mystery Island the locals had made an effort to provide hand washing facilities, no running water there, so a big bowl of water with a cake of soap outside toilet. By lunchtime it was a murky soup, but they tried.

Thanks Anne

good to hear from someone on the ship :)

Without being negative I hope it continues that way, we were fine for the first week too!

Perhaps they have found what is the cause, lets hope so for everyone's sake.

Please re read my comments, until All people practice safe hygiene, not you personally. When you have nothing better to do stand for 10 mins in a public toilet and watch how many people do not wash hands. Well over20 cruises, on various lines, use hand sanitiser, goes with me everywhere, always use bottled water for everything, take my own filter bottle. Touch wood no problems so far.

I do believe in some of the ports, the hygiene is not of a good standard and if you are not prepared, ie own toilet paper, sanitisers etc you can get problems.

I remember on Mystery Island the locals had made an effort to provide hand washing facilities, no running water there, so a big bowl of water with a cake of soap outside toilet. By lunchtime it was a murky soup, but they tried.

Never used the public toilets on the boat, the captain did advise not to use them when we were on board.

Perhaps they need staff in those toilets to police the public and to insist they wash their hands before vacating the toilets.

Never used the public toilets on the boat, the captain did advise not to use them when we were on board.

Perhaps they need staff in those toilets to police the public and to insist they wash their hands before vacating the toilets.

This is very good advice. I try myself not to use the public toilets but sometimes you have to. I have seen a lot of guys just walk out without washing there hands.

Tony

I use the closest toilet to where I am no matter what the situation. I'm also washing my hands like crazy on these ships and recognize that some people are not so hygienic. After many years living in many dodgy countries I'm quite resistant to picking anything up. The Sun is the only ship I've been sick on and it was really just a "moment" one morning. I live near the port in Brisbane and am on a boat every day, I have gone passed the Sun and most recently the Sea while they've been in deep clean mode, this is at least once every 6 months. I would go back on the Sun and Sea without thinking twice, I guess sometimes you can just be a little unlucky.

That would be nice but I doubt if there will be enough crew that can be assigned. Maybe they can think of other ways to address this.

Just came off the last cruise on Sun Princess around Whitsundays 26/02-5/03

Not aware of any Noro cases. We remained healthy and we didn't hear any gossip from other passengers that there were any issues of Noro. Princess informed us 48 hours before departure regarding delayed embarkation due to deep clean. So we were able to make other arrangements thank goodness . We eventually departed Brisbane after 8pm . Lots of facilities were closed such as library and Horizon was not self serve till last 2 days of cruise. Staff and crew were great and we received updates on health and precautions during the first few days. There was a happy atmosphere on cruise despite the dread of Noro , I guess we were all pleased the ship had under gone multiple cleans before our trip. We went armed with medications , detol , soap , bacterial gels , sprays and wipes and did overkill of the cabin on arrival and then once a day. Must mention we had Noro before on Celebrity Solstice in 2015 , not nice. Our one big negative was the disgusting smell on our aft deck 9 corridors. It was shocking and was always there . The smell penetrated our cabin occasionally , really unacceptable. Not sure if it's a plumbing issue but smelt like it! There seemed to be maintenance crew always around but it never got fixed.

Just came off the last cruise on Sun Princess around Whitsundays 26/02-5/03

Not aware of any Noro cases. We remained healthy and we didn't hear any gossip from other passengers that there were any issues of Noro. Princess informed us 48 hours before departure regarding delayed embarkation due to deep clean. So we were able to make other arrangements thank goodness . We eventually departed Brisbane after 8pm . Lots of facilities were closed such as library and Horizon was not self serve till last 2 days of cruise. Staff and crew were great and we received updates on health and precautions during the first few days. There was a happy atmosphere on cruise despite the dread of Noro , I guess we were all pleased the ship had under gone multiple cleans before our trip. We went armed with medications , detol , soap , bacterial gels , sprays and wipes and did overkill of the cabin on arrival and then once a day. Must mention we had Noro before on Celebrity Solstice in 2015 , not nice. Our one big negative was the disgusting smell on our aft deck 9 corridors. It was shocking and was always there . The smell penetrated our cabin occasionally , really unacceptable. Not sure if it's a plumbing issue but smelt like it! There seemed to be maintenance crew always around but it never got fixed.

We were not right at the stern, about a third of the way forward from the stern and could always smell sewerage. I think the outlet for the crew to get the sewerage off has to be around there and needs attention. Interesting the Library was closed that could have been the answer as we used the Library.:D