What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Hi All

Just received my email from NCL that my offer for an upgrade from inside to Balcony was not good enough this go around.

I received a CAS offer for a so called free inside cabin ( minor admin. fee) and put in a upgrade bid of $235 per person.

We have been on 37 cruises in all types of cabins. so we will look forward to an inside this go around it has always been fine in the past . we are fortunate that we now will have an extra $470 to spend in another way.

Good luck to all of you still waiting for your cruise.

This offer was in the good range for the Getaway this Sunday

Edited by Gopher1934

Hi All

Just received my email from NCL that my offer for an upgrade from inside to Balcony was not good enough this go around.

I received a CAS offer for a so called free inside cabin ( minor admin. fee) and put in a upgrade bid of $235 per person.

We have been on 37 cruises in all types of cabins. so we will look forward to an inside this go around it has always been fine in the past . we are fortunate that we now will have an extra $470 to spend in another way.

Good luck to all of you still waiting for your cruise.

This offer was in the good range for the Getaway this Sunday

say Gopher, if you don't mind. What were the fees you had to pay ? I got offer from CAS Miami for inside and paid admin, taxes of $586 for a Pearl sailing.

hardly free. Get better deals from Royal.

I offered nothing, but NCL upgraded my guaranteed but unassigned mini-suite to a spa mini-suite. When I made the reservation I made sure I would receive all of the promotions, as some of the "sail away" unassigned cabins receive no promotions. Got a great deal on the unassigned mini-suite, and we are looking forward to free spa access next week on Epic, as well as the complementary three specialty dining venues, complementary ultimate beverage package, and on-board spending credit.

Can anyone tell me how this works again I haven't been a cruise in 2 years. I remember I used to call a phone number is that non existent they just send an email now? Or how do you bid?

if you booked through NCL, or some TA's. You can login to your NCL account. Pull up your reservation. Then click on the upgrade bid link.

The "upsell" department is gone.

What are the balconies like in the Haven categories? We spend a lot of private family time just hanging out on our little balcony (most important feature to us on a cruise). The regular ones on NCL are smaller than we like, so we go for those Mini Suites with large balconies on 8 (Getaway is our next cruise).

Would all the Haven categories have the same size or larger balconies than those? Or if not, which Haven categories would have balconies that same size or larger?

Thank you! I guess as I see it the only way I'm upgrading is if the vaule is there. IE I paid $999PP for a balcony and at the time of booking if I wanted a mini suite spa with balcony(M9) would have been $1,469. So I'd want to get the room at a discount. I've been doing some reading and it seems as if people sometimes pay more than what they could have originally had it for at booking.

Kudos to NCL though people just love bidding up hopefully that drives the intial costs down in the future.

if you booked through NCL, or some TA's. You can login to your NCL account. Pull up your reservation. Then click on the upgrade bid link.

The "upsell" department is gone.

What are the balconies like in the Haven categories? We spend a lot of private family time just hanging out on our little balcony (most important feature to us on a cruise). The regular ones on NCL are smaller than we like, so we go for those Mini Suites with large balconies on 8 (Getaway is our next cruise).

Would all the Haven categories have the same size or larger balconies than those? Or if not, which Haven categories would have balconies that same size or larger?

Incredibly large are the Haven Aft Penthouse. So far that is the only Haven category I have been in so all I can comment on.

Depending on ship class balcony size in a suite or haven can be huge. Haven also gives you private area only available to haven guests. On some ships this is 60 or so people.

say Gopher, if you don't mind. What were the fees you had to pay ? I got offer from CAS Miami for inside and paid admin, taxes of $586 for a Pearl sailing.

hardly free. Get better deals from Royal.

My admin fee was $140 per person and $160.00 for port charges but this did include one of the free options show we chose

the 3 dinner package

Forgive me if these 2 questions were already asked.

1) If you upgrade to the Haven do you get all 5 offers that go along with Haven Suites or do you just keep the 2 from the mini suite? If so then other than a bigger room what is the advantage of upgrading?

2) What is the upgrade phone number and how soon should you begin calling to check on options?

My admin fee was $140 per person and $160.00 for port charges but this did include one of the free options show we chose

the 3 dinner package

Thanks sounds in line. We too had the dining package. An additional $27 in pre-paid grats for the dinners.

I believe the admin is $20 per person per day.

Again Thanks

1) If you upgrade to the Haven do you get all 5 offers that go along with Haven Suites or do you just keep the 2 from the mini suite? If so then other than a bigger room what is the advantage of upgrading?

2) What is the upgrade phone number and how soon should you begin calling to check on options?

Upgrade would be you calling and paying the difference between the rooms and should always include current perks given for the room level you are going into. This option allows of picking the actual room you are upgrading to.

Bidding up you are making an offer (bid) which NCL can decide up to 2 days before your cruise if it will accept the bid or not. The bids are within a range on a scale (min - max) that you decide where you want to be. If your bid is accepted they charge your card used to bid. If you don't win nothing is charged.

This option does include all things that come with the room itself (spa rooms get spa packages, suites get butler etc, Haven gets full Haven perks) BUT you only keep what booking perks (beverage package, dinning package, OBC, excursion credit, etc) that your original booking gave you and you picked. -

this is at any level.

You can only bid up 2 levels from booking.

So inside can go to balcony.

OV to mini

Balcony to suite

Etc.

Careful consideration should be takin IMO. If you bid you aren't picking your room. Its assignments. So remember if inside to balcony the room you booked might be prime inside cabin in a good location. The balcony might be in a bad location. OV bidding a mini it might be a great mini or maybe not.

You'll only be able to go into rooms that fit your requirements too. If 3 person booking you can't upgrade or bid to a 2 person room.

Good luck.

Sorry. Forgot the second part. As for upgrades themselves where you pay the difference. Any time you like. Call your TA or your NCL CC which ever you booked.

If you mean bidding you'll need to make final payment before the option is available.

Breakaway

March 11

Bid $65 Cdn pp to upgrade from inside guarantee to balcony

Today we were awarded a SPA BALCONY!

Congratulations! I love the thermal spa! We are on the same cruise, and bid yesterday for a Haven forward facing cabin, how long did it take for them to contact you? I have not received a rejection email (do they send that?) I'm thinking it is a long shot since if I have tried to do a mock reservation and it looks like it the cruise is sold out...

Thanks!

Jennifer

Hi. The largest balcony on the Getaway are the haven aft penthouse suite. They are amazing. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry if this has been asked before but this has 169 pages to scroll through.

We’re in a penthouse and have been offered to bid on haven. Except our sailing is showing all sold out except for inside and OV. It seems strange if everything higher is full to be offered this. Are the emails automatically sent out for every sailing or does NCL think they’ll be last minute haven cacnellations?

Congratulations! I love the thermal spa! We are on the same cruise, and bid yesterday for a Haven forward facing cabin, how long did it take for them to contact you? I have not received a rejection email (do they send that?) I'm thinking it is a long shot since if I have tried to do a mock reservation and it looks like it the cruise is sold out...

Thanks!

Jennifer

I waited to bid until they assigned us our guarantee. It was inside 12th floor which was great for an inside, but I had been hoping for something better than inside. So I got the assignment last Saturday and bid. I found out this Thursday, which is much faster than I was expecting to!

I waited to bid until they assigned us our guarantee. It was inside 12th floor which was great for an inside, but I had been hoping for something better than inside. So I got the assignment last Saturday and bid. I found out this Thursday, which is much faster than I was expecting to!

I have another question....did you notice if the cruise was showing sold out? That's what I am concerned about that I am bidding on nothing LOL!!

I have another question....did you notice if the cruise was showing sold out? That's what I am concerned about that I am bidding on nothing LOL!!

I think Sold Out is the state they have to show when they get ready to start moving folks. At least that is my belief. They lock everything down, then the Program monitors the bids and as the bids get 'bumped up' it waits until that stops (no one is going to reduce their bid, after all) then moves everyone. That then frees up insides all the way to balconies. (which are highest demand for last minute) and then you will see them available to book again.

I think Sold Out is the state they have to show when they get ready to start moving folks. At least that is my belief. They lock everything down, then the Program monitors the bids and as the bids get 'bumped up' it waits until that stops (no one is going to reduce their bid, after all) then moves everyone. That then frees up insides all the way to balconies. (which are highest demand for last minute) and then you will see them available to book again.

Thank you! Fingers and toes crossed to get the upgrade ;)