Haven questions

Heartfelttraveler

We will be on the Jewel in the Haven and I have a few questions.

1. I know that there is a dedicated restaurant for breakfast and lunch if you are in the Haven. What about dinner? Is the main dining room your assigned restaurant or is there a dedicated restaurant for dinner too?

2. Can you make advance dinner reservations prior to sailing using the four specialty dinners included?

3. Can you upgrade the 250 minute wifi to unlimited, or do you just purchase a second wifi access?

4. Are there any special parties, heliport sail-aways, bridge tour, etc? (Staying in the GV).

Hi,

I will comment on your questions with the experiences we just had in a 2 bedroom villa on the Gem. I hope the comments are helpful.

1. The Gem did not have a restaurant for dinner. The Breakaway does..not sire about the Jewel. We could have used the main dining room.

2. We used the concierge to make our dinner reservations. One of the perks we had was 4 specialty dinners and each of us gets a dinner being platinum. That was 6 of the 10 nights. We did the dining room, OSheehans and buffet. We never know when or where we want to eat and the concierge was so helpful. One night we could not get reservations the time we wanted in the venue we wanted so we had it delivered to our room.

3. We had two perks of internet. One for 100 mins and one for 250 mins. So we did not need an upgrade. Upgrades cn be purchased on the ship.

4. Cannot answer this... never stayed in the 3 bd garden villa. Our friends were there and it is awesome. You may never leave the room.

1. I know that there is a dedicated restaurant for breakfast and lunch if you are in the Haven. What about dinner? Is the main dining room your assigned restaurant or is there a dedicated restaurant for dinner too?

2. Can you make advance dinner reservations prior to sailing using the four specialty dinners included?

3. Can you upgrade the 250 minute wifi to unlimited, or do you just purchase a second wifi access?

4. Are there any special parties, heliport sail-aways, bridge tour, etc? (Staying in the GV).

1. On the Jewel there is not a Haven restaurant for dining.

2. You can make advance reservations on the Jewel but we never have and have only had trouble getting in to the specialty dining restaurants. Teppanyaki is the only one you may have trouble with if you wait to long once on board to book it.

3. We have always just bought the unlimited. Do not know of a way to upgrade the free package.

4. I don't know what a heliport sailaway is. We have stayed in the GV on the Jewel many times and have had a bridge tour any time we have requested. We only do it when we have someone new with us who is interested and request it on the first day so it can be scheduled. Sometimes it has been private and sometimes with another group. You are invited to a party in the Haven Courtyard area with other Haven guest and I assume Platinum members maybe. We have never been. We vacation to relax and dressing up isn't in our plans.

Enjoy the Jewel. We have always found the ship and crew very enjoyable.

no dedicated restaurant for dinner. You are on your own. There are no assigned dinner restaurants or times. Freestyle dining - eat when you want, where you want.

strongly recommended that you make reservations 100 days prior to sailing. At 90 days, reservations open to all passengers and restaurants sell out. Your concierge can help you on board, but if the restaurant is oversold, you will be out of luck.

some report that you can. [originally, that was not allowed. /COLOR]

there is a suites reception with the ship's officers. And depending on the itinerary, there will be other gatherings (e.g. Glacier watching on the Alaskan cruises.)

Have a great cruise.

• 3 months later...

Looks like your questions were answered for the most part. The only Heliport sail-away we ever experienced was on the POA. That was a suites-only sail away party on the bow of the ship.

When you stay in the Garden Villa - you will get extra attention. Bridge tours for example are rather difficult to get otherwise.

As a Plat you get dinners on a per cabin basis, not per person. For example, my wife and I are both Plat, but we get the certs based on a 1 per cabin. Of course, they do give you two different restaurant certs. So, you will get 2 free dinners for two.

No beach bags or anything like that.

Reservations - being in the Garden Villa - your concierge will make sure you get a table. If you have a large group going, it might be difficult though. (since the villa sleeps plenty)

Parties? Sometimes there is a party in the Haven for Haven guests and some others. We have been two 1 or 2 of those. You do not have to get dressed up, though some will because they like to.

The Haven on the Jewel class is different than the newer ships. Jewel, Gem, Pearl and Jade are almost identical. As mentioned, no restaurant or bar in that area.

We had a big M&G in a Haven Villa once. Over 100 folks in there.

• 3 months later...
I have thought of a few more Haven questions.

1. Does NCL give the Haven/Suite guests any type of a beach bag or canvas bag?

2. Does NCL give the Haven/Suite guests a cruise card holder/wallet?

I was in the two bedroom Haven suite on the Pearl last year....No on both questions.

We will be in a two-bedroom Haven suite on the Jewel September 2nd sailing. Which Sailing are you on this September?

In room dinning is a treat in the GV as well, with large dinning tables both inside and out. You can order from either the room service menu or from any of the specialty restaurants (you will be charged the same as going there in person - and you can use your SDP).

Does anyone know what type of coffee machine is in the Three Bedroom Garden Villa? Still Lavazza.

Does it use pods?Lavazza pods. Coffee, Espresso, Decaf, different Teas. Your butler will keep the supply full for you.

If it uses pods, is there an universal pod that I can put my own coffee in? None that I recall.

Have a great cruise.