10:45 flight out of FLL possible

We are coming off of the Carnival Splendor on Sunday' date=' June 18th in Pt. Everglades...We have Platinum and will do self assist...Is it possible to do a 10:45 flight out of FLL??It's about $50 cheaper to do this one than the 12:45...Thanks!!!:confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

Since you are doing self-assist, you should be able to do it. In Dec. we were let off the Holland America ship at 8:15, got our bags, got a taxi, checked bags at American Airlines, did security and were at the GATE by 9 AM. However, this was on a Tuesday and Customs was not a problem at the pier.

However, if you hit long lines at Customs or airport security, it could be close.

Thats probably why the flight is cheaper - most people will not chance it.

We are coming off of the Carnival Splendor on Sunday' date=' June 18th in Pt. Everglades...We have Platinum and will do self assist...Is it possible to do a 10:45 flight out of FLL??It's about $50 cheaper to do this one than the 12:45...Thanks!!!:confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

Yeah...You could do it.

Will you be dragging the kids with you? How much will it cost if you don't make the flight? What about if you barely make it, but too late to check your bags?

Yeah, you might make it...And you might not.

We prefer a 12:00 Noon flight but don't like stress.

Some say 11:00 AM is quite doable.

If you are coming in on one of the large RCI ships very doable at 10:30 AM because they have this stuff down to a science.

On other ships might be fine might not be. Maybe nine times out of ten it is but if you are number ten that is where the problem is.

If everything goes well you might be fine. If there is a problem you might not be.

For me I don't want to spend part of the cruise worrying so we don't push our luck on things like this.

Keith

Unfortunately there are no guarantees with the future. :) I got off the Splendor a week ago in Miami. I am diamond and was first off the ship- before platinum were called. Could have gotten a cab, but a $10 shuttle bus was loaded so I jumped in that. Was at the airport at 7:15a, and made my 8:25a flight. :)

Shortly later, there was a crisis with the gangway and disembarking was stopped. Reports of numerous missed flights.

It was worth it for me, but not a recommendation for most.

We always chose the "just before 11" flight when leaving FLL. Yes, on very rare occasions, there might be some hitch. But being only 15 min. to the airport, makes the flight very feasible. We don't do self carry. But just make sure we are in the second or third group called off the ship. It's a matter of what one is comfortable with. As mentioned, anything can happen. But allowing yourself 3 plus hours from "scheduled" disembarkation to flight time is giving you lots of built in delay time. And if everything moves smoothly as most days, if allowable, you might even get on an earlier flight.;)