12:05 noon flight out of Venice

stickyshocker

About to book a flight to and from Venice no later than this week or Monday perhaps, but of course I would like to confide this flight time out of Marco Polo first to you guys if it's that feasible. Our ship will arrive at 6:45 am give or take, had vague information of the taxi situation on disembarkation day at Piazza Roma, and how smooth getting off the ship would be. My hunch is that we had to be at VCE at least by 9 am?. ... Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences in advance:)

Would that be Delta to JFK?

We took that 12:05 flight ..... we boarded the 9:20am ATVO express bus, arrived to VCE at 9:35am. The lines were horrendously long so it was a nerve-wracking wait in line. But in the end we had 10-15 minutes to spare before they announced Boarding; time enough for one last gelato.

Getting there at 9am and being closer to the front of the line is probably easier on the nerves. Guess it depends on your comfort level. On our previous flight we arrived 2 hrs prior .....barely made the flight , nerves shattered.

We had a similar time situation.

We caught the ATVO at P. Roma at 730 am, Arrived 30-40 minutes later. No lines at security at that time of the morning. Had a leisurely breakfast at the airport before our noon flight.

So suggest you catch an earlier ATVO bus time.

Would that be Delta to JFK?

We took that 12:05 flight ..... we boarded the 9:20am ATVO express bus, arrived to VCE at 9:35am. The lines were horrendously long so it was a nerve-wracking wait in line. But in the end we had 10-15 minutes to spare before they announced Boarding; time enough for one last gelato.

Getting there at 9am and being closer to the front of the line is probably easier on the nerves. Guess it depends on your comfort level. On our previous flight we arrived 2 hrs prior .....barely made the flight , nerves shattered.

Actually its Delta to CDG a 24 hr layover in Paris before flying back to Toronto, theres a couple more with 20-24 hrs layover and my agent is workin on it right now. Whats the earliest time can i get off the ship? Did you have to reserve the ATVO? How frequent is their service and is there a long line too at the bus stop? We're a family of 4 so can only imagine how this will play out , especially if im haulin' kids...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a similar time situation.

We caught the ATVO at P. Roma at 730 am, Arrived 30-40 minutes later. No lines at security at that time of the morning. Had a leisurely breakfast at the airport before our noon flight.

So suggest you catch an earlier ATVO bus time.

self assist disembark i suppose? was it a Royal ship?

We stayed in Venice for a couple of days after the cruise so we weren't in a rush. I remember the ship arrived an hour early ..... I had planned on being on deck for the arrival to Venice but missed most of it . We had b'fast and disembarked around 8:30/9.

ATVO runs every 30 minutes, maybe more in the mornings. Check the schedule. http://www.atvo.it/en-venice-airport.html

But....ATVO is 8E pp, plus you'll pay 1 or 2 Epp to ride the monorail from the pier to the bus stop at Piazzale Roma. At that price you might as well take a cab for 40/45E. Less hassle if you're dealing with kids and luggage. Have b'fast and meet the car at 8:30.

But....ATVO is 8E pp, plus you'll pay 1 or 2 Epp to ride the monorail from the pier to the bus stop at Piazzale Roma. At that price you might as well take a cab for 40/45E. Less hassle if you're dealing with kids and luggage. Have b'fast and meet the car at 8:30.

Thanks!... So i can bypass the monorail/people mover if i take the taxi?.. Do i need to pre book this?

a taxi will pick you up right at the pier, whereas the buses leave from Piazzale Roma about a mile away.

The drivers we saw at the pier were reserved and the drivers were waving signs with peoples names. Given that you are on a schedule and competing with several thousand other pax, I'd reserve a cab or car service,

a taxi will pick you up right at the pier, whereas the buses leave from Piazzale Roma about a mile away.

The drivers we saw at the pier were reserved and the drivers were waving signs with peoples names. Given that you are on a schedule and competing with several thousand other pax, I'd reserve a cab or car service,

Thanks for the heads up, looks like i'll take your advice on the taxi, and for good measure we will self debark too, do you have any links on how to reserve a taxi? ..btw I booked the 12:05 flight out of VCE, so that's it for me.