Cruise only fare versus promo fare.

The A Train

Looking at a R/T Miami fare that has a $700 difference in fares. The sbc is $600 per cabin or $300pp and the air credit is $300pp, so, if that's what makes up the difference it would seem to be beneficial, $100, to do the cruise only fare.

BUT, do you lose "O" Club benefits, like the $400 sbc and complimentary grats. that a Silver level member otherwise receives?

Looking at a R/T Miami fare that has a $700 difference in fares. The sbc is $600 per cabin or $300pp and the air credit is $300pp, so, if that's what makes up the difference it would seem to be beneficial, $100, to do the cruise only fare.

BUT, do you lose "O" Club benefits, like the $400 sbc and complimentary grats. that a Silver level member otherwise receives?

You will not lose your "O" Club benefits.

You are forgetting in your calculation the free internet. You will lose this in a cruise only fare.

I wasn't aware of losing free internet if you do cruise only, and I have looked at the terms and conditions and can't spot this. can you tell me where this is explained?

I wasn't aware of losing free internet if you do cruise only, and I have looked at the terms and conditions and can't spot this. can you tell me where this is explained?

in the T & C's

guessing that free internet is part of the O Life deal then it will not be included in the "cruise only fare"

Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

in the T & C's

guessing that free internet is part of the O Life deal then it will not be included in the "cruise only fare"

Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

An alternative is to take the O life without the air. Reduces the fare by $300 pp. That you can do.

An alternative is to take the O life without the air. Reduces the fare by $300 pp. That you can do.

Ah! I hadn't realised that Cruise Only was different from not taking their air! :) Our Med cruises we have opted out of O's air and had the price reduction only because we can get direct flights which knock 6 hours off the time taken using O's c]scheduled carriers. Price wise there is not a lot of difference usually but 2 hours travel v 8 is a winner!