Opinions on Celebrity?

Jack_Cruise

Hello All,

We are currently looking at options for our next cruise and are looking at Celebrity Cruises. We are used to cruising on Carnival and are looking at Millennium or Equinox. Reviews are pretty mixed. I was wondering if you could share your experiences on Celebrity and your general thoughts on the line. Any can help. We like to spend plenty of time onboard and in port. We like the typical cruise ship activities (trivia, evening shows, etc).

Thank you! :)

Edited by Jack_Cruise

Pretty vague if you let us know where you're looking at, who is going, do you like active with lots of ship involvement or not. Lots of touring? More time on ship? Adventure? Relaxation? You will get more specific advice. All cruise lines have their own personalities, within lines, each ship and class of ships are a bit different. Celebrity is our line about 75% if time. Doing Carnival this December, going with 12 couples so entirely different vibe. Just got off Reflection with husband, much more relaxing, spa time.. just depends what you want for that trip. Let us know and you'll get lots of great ideas. People in here are pretty smart.

D

Millie older smaller. Equinox is in my favorite class. Perfect size for us. Design of this class is great enjoy ratio of guests. Very limited smoking on Celebrity, enjoy that. Nice Bev pkgs, and both people don't have to get same.

D

Cruised a lot with CCL initially but probably wouldn't even consider CCL now after all the changes and cuts in what used to be a fairly decent product.

The Equinox was the first X ship I cruised on and I was blown away by the experience.The ship itself is an experience!!

The average age on X is a little older than what you may find on CCL and the atmosphere on X ships is more relaxed and less "activity driven." I guess he best way to describe the difference, for me, is that X is definitely a large cut above what CCL offers.Now if you need constant CD overhead announcements, hairy chest contests, and children running around and really what has become pathetic evening shows, then CCL is your best deal.

Like all cruise lines, there are negative comments too with regard to Celebrity but by in large, Celebrity cruisers like what they receive and yes, X has made some cut backs just like all cruise lines. However, I'm willing to bet you will be wowed by the Equinox and the Celebrity product. I'll be back on Celebrity this coming December, by choice. :)

Definitely Celebrity! Been on 4 or 5 so far and am doing Equinox in April 11-night Ultimate Caribbean (too) and Southern Caribbean in November. Love the newer Solstice-class (not-Solsticized) ships!!! Celebrity does have lots of trivia contests and the usual on board things to do.

BUT...for more fun/family activities, Royal Caribbean is wonderful, too!

Remember that Celebrity and Royal are two different cruise categories but both are owned by Royal Caribbean. Azamara is their top category.

Most definitely Celebrity! The S Class ships are beautiful and my favorite but with the right itinerary we are quite happy on an M-Class, (at least I think we are, have only been on the Summit, will be on the Millennium in June). S-class ships are in the 2800-3000 passenger range while M class is around 2000. Not all of the S class ships have the Lawn Club Grill (which we really like) or The Porch (looking forward to trying it in two weeks on the Reflection).

I have been on all of the S class ships except the Solstice. They are all very, very similar.