Splendor or Glory

nimiq

Hello all,

Quick question looking into booking a cruise for Nov or Dec 2017 and was looking into these two ship and would like your input on which one we should choose and why ?

The price are almost the same and the destination as well.

We have done a few cruises on Carnival and so far our favourite ship has been the Miracle followed closely by the Liberty.

Thanks in advance

Sea ya

Eric

Glory without a question, has 2.0 upgrades and goes into dry dock this month to be even more upgraded. Its also the sister ship to the liberty and if you liked the liberty, you will love the Glory.

Splendor only has the bigger spa, and thats about it. Its more of an old school style of cruising without the guys burgers and stuff. I suggest go with the upgraded ship, and spend your money right.

I was in this same predicament a few weeks ago. Trying to decide on a late March cruise. Both ships going to same ports, 1 week apart, price about the exact same. After a few days of reading review and doing a little research on the ships, Glory won out hands down. Looking forward to March 25th!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

As you can see by my signature, we've been on the Glory three times, and that was before the upgrades! We loved the Glory. Also been on Splendor and Miracle. You are right about the Miracle, we were on one of her first sailings and that ship still holds a special space in our hearts. Splendor was fun, but I think you will enjoy the Glory more!

I prefer the open tiered decks. Splendor doesn't have that - it's more of an enclosed box with the roof that can open, so I felt it was more crowded and closed in. I would choose the Glory for the 2.0 and for the open, tiered decks.

We have been on both and I have a question for you. Do you or your spouse like the spa ?

We love the thalasso therapy pool and steam rooms and heated loungers on the splendor.Its the best after a long day on shore to go to the spa for a relaxing time before dinner.

Two ways to get the spa passes either buy them for the week on the first day before they sell out or book a spa cabin :)

Heres a video I saw in case your interested

I vote the Splendor just for the spa

The Glory, Valor, Liberty, Conquest, and Freedom are all sister ships. All 5 are Conquest class ships.

Roger that! You got me before I edited it, your fast! LOL

And I must say of all my cruises, we have never really had a bad time, And I'd bet if we did cruise the SPLENDOR, we would enjoy it to.

Our first cruise ever was on Splendor for a western Caribbean back in April 2016. Very nice ship. it had just come out of dry dock. this ship was spotless and for first timers i have no other ship to compare too. The one big thing that people complain about Splendor is the decor. PINK and Pink donuts on the walls all over the place. after the first day you just don't really care. your on a cruise ship heading for the Caribbean. Splendor doesn't have much funship 2.0 features. It does have a burger bar but not guys, it does have a burrito bar but not Blue Iguana. it does have bars all over the place just not Red frogs or Blue Iguana. it has the Deli sandwich place. Rotisserie chicken place and taste bar.

I was an amazing cruise. Nothing bad to say about Splendor or the cruise itself.

We are going on Glory in April of 2018 on the same western Caribbean itinerary we did on Splendor because we loved it so much. But we are very excited to go on glory and try all these funship 2.0 features that were not on Splendor and that everyone raves about like Guys burger and Blue Iguana burrito bar. And now I hear directly from John Healds page the fish and chips or seafood bar was replaced with a BBQ place now. YUMMM.

BTW, John Heald is on Glory this week and was on Glory also last week. He's doing a B2B cruise on Glory right now. Look at his Facebook page and there is several videos directly from Glory on there from last week and this week.

I just got off both ships last month. Equally nice ships, with excellent service Itinerary was the only reason I was on the ships, but I do give the slight edge to the Glory for Guys and Blue Iguana. :) Sad state of affairs to make a choice based on food, for me. :) :)

If I was making the choice it would be Splendor simply because I prefer to sail on a Sunday so I can travel the day before without having to take an extra vacation day. Embarking on a Saturday like the Glory does would require me to take off an extra day to fly to Miami on Friday. If that isn't a concern then I think you will be just as happy with either cruise.

I've sailed on the Carnival Liberty(2013 with the 2.0 upgrades)and the Carnival Splendor. Personally, the Carnival Splendor would be my choice. It didn't have the 2.0 upgrades but it had the burger bar, pizza place, tandoor, burrito place, rotisserie, great steakhouse and a lot of bars. It's a lovely ship but you'll get use to the pink doughnuts after the first night. The food is great which ever ship you choose. If you haven't sailed the Splendor, give her a try before she leaves us permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed Glory last summer and we all loved it! Booked Splendor for this June based on Itinerary and I'm hoping I don't regret this decision. I should have looked at the ship pic and researched more because I loved the open feel of Glory and assumed Splendor wouldn't be much different but now looking at pics of Lido on Splendor it looks so boxed in and enclosed. Didn't care about the pink or that it doesn't have Guys or BI because I honestly didn't care for either but planning was all on me and I hope I didn't screw up. Hoping everyone loves Splendor as much as we loved Glory.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed Glory last summer and we all loved it! Booked Splendor for this June based on Itinerary and I'm hoping I don't regret this decision. I should have looked at the ship pic and researched more because I loved the open feel of Glory and assumed Splendor wouldn't be much different but now looking at pics of Lido on Splendor it looks so boxed in and enclosed. Didn't care about the pink or that it doesn't have Guys or BI because I honestly didn't care for either but planning was all on me and I hope I didn't screw up. Hoping everyone loves Splendor as much as we loved Glory.

Look at pics of the aft pool on the Splendor and I think you will find the openness you are wanting. It is much more open than the Glory! You will have a great time I am sure!

Wow just love all the response I got from all of you so far. All have very good points hope this continues.

As for both who attach a video thanks love those videos makes it more real.

Thanks again all

Sea ya

Look at pics of the aft pool on the Splendor and I think you will find the openness you are wanting. It is much more open than the Glory! You will have a great time I am sure!

I saw pics and it does look so much nicer than Lido mid and definitely more open than aft on Glory but most of the parties and such will be mid correct? The spaces are swapped where Glory aft is more enclosed and mid open and Splendor mid enclosed and aft open. I'm sure we'll have fun because we will be on a cruise after all [emoji3].

I definitely agree! The aft part of the Splendor is open and I'm pretty sure you'll love that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums